8 Degrees Taiwanese Bistro @ Joo Chiat
- Address454 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427667
- Phone(65) 6478 1787
- Opening hoursSunday to Thursday: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
Friday to Saturday: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
8 Degrees Taiwanese Bistro brings a touch of Taiwan to Singapore through its Taiwanese street food plus some classic dishes and desserts. If you yearn to have again the unforgetable flavors that you had in Taiwan or just want to add to your food exploring journey some new flavors belonged to a country called Taiwan, 8 Degrees is a place to be. This popular growing restaurant chain has been featured in The Sunday Times, 8 Days and My Paper.
Authentic Taiwanese food: 8 Degrees serves a wide variety of typical Taiwanese food. There are some popular Taiwanese dishes that could not be found anywhere in Singapore, except 8 Degrees. It is a place where authentic Taiwanese dishes and beers are offered at reasonable prices.
Inspired by the famous of Taiwanese pop star Jay Chou, the restaurant is adorned with the singer’s posters on its walls and his songs are played as background music most of the time. The restaurant name, 8 Degrees, is actually the name of a Jay Chou’s hit album.
Open till late
Open until 1:00 am on weekdays and 2:00 am on weekends, 8 Degrees Taiwanese Bistro is a good place for late night dinning if you are around Katong area.
There is a small area, dedicated to serve diners as a bar with Taiwanese beers and snacks. After the whole night burning energy outside, you may need some tasty food and drinks to have a nice sleep later on.
– Oyster omelette
– Salted cripsy chicken
– Stewed pork belly rice
– Smoked duck breast with spicy mango salsa
– Wok-fried chee cheong fun with X.O. sauce
– Milk teas
– Side dishes cost from $3.8
– Main dishes cost from $7.8
– Beers cost from $5.8 to $10.8, there are promotions for buying more than one beer
– Milk teas and green teas cost from $3.0
– Average price per person is $15
– The side dishes portion is quite small
– You may have to wait for some time to have your food served during peak hours
– The restaurant is kid friendly, kid high chairs are available upon request