Inspired by the famous of Taiwanese pop star Jay Chou, the restaurant is adorned with the singer’s posters on its walls and his songs are played as background music most of the time. The restaurant name, 8 Degrees, is actually the name of a Jay Chou’s hit album.
Open till late
Open until 1:00 am on weekdays and 2:00 am on weekends, 8 Degrees Taiwanese Bistro is a good place for late night dinning if you are around Katong area.
There is a small area, dedicated to serve diners as a bar with Taiwanese beers and snacks. After the whole night burning energy outside, you may need some tasty food and drinks to have a nice sleep later on.
– Oyster omelette
– Salted cripsy chicken
– Stewed pork belly rice
– Smoked duck breast with spicy mango salsa
– Wok-fried chee cheong fun with X.O. sauce
– Milk teas
– Side dishes cost from $3.8
– Main dishes cost from $7.8
– Beers cost from $5.8 to $10.8, there are promotions for buying more than one beer
– Milk teas and green teas cost from $3.0
– Average price per person is $15
– The side dishes portion is quite small
– You may have to wait for some time to have your food served during peak hours
– The restaurant is kid friendly, kid high chairs are available upon request