Basilico @ Regent Singapore
Filed in best italian restaurants |
March 14, 2022
Three factors make an excellent Italian restaurant: fresh ingredients, seasonal produce, and authentic recipes. Basilico at Regent Singapore ticks all three boxes with the added theatrics of classic Italian elements such as a rotisserie, an espresso bar, and a walk-in cellar. One cannot miss, of course, the essence of romance in the restaurant’s al fresco dining area, which lights up in its complete elegance at nighttime.
At the helm of Basilico is Head Chef Valerio Pierantonelli, born and raised in the capital of the world’s most romantic country. His passion is making a mark for Italian cuisine, for which he has achieved unprecedented success in Europe, America, and now, Asia.
- Brunch di Fine Settimana (Weekend Brunch): Starting at S$112, Basilico’s brunch menu features an indulgent selection of antipasti such as 36 months-aged Parma Ham with Rock Melon, Prosciutto Cotto, Norcia Black Truffle Burrata, and a seasonal assortment of cheeses. The mare, fegato grasso, mains, and dessert platter are equally indulgent.
- Formagissimo Nights: Staying true to its Italian heritage, Basilico’s Formagissimo Nights introduces exquisite cheese and wine pairings, including their exclusive Marzolin di Pienza alla Birra e Orzo. Priced at S$68, enjoy a platter of delicious cheeses with three wine pairings.
- Island-Wide Delivery and Takeaway: Whether you’re looking to relish your traditional Italian meal at home, on a picnic, or by the beach, Basilico conveniently offers delivery and pick-up.
The 7 Best Italian Restaurants in Singapore 2022
MENU: You can never go wrong with a menu that showcases the freshest seasonal produce, expertly crafted by a world-renowned chef. Make sure to order at least one item from every selection of antipasti, pizza, pasta, fish and meats, and dessert. Basilico also offers classic Singaporean flavors such as Laksa and Hokkien Noodle.
- Carpaccio di Manzo, S$30
- Taglioni all’Astice, S$45
- Tentacolo di Polipo, S$40
- Tiramisu, S$14
LOOK & FEEL: Basilico has a smart casual dress code to complement its elegant interiors. The magnificent chandelier almost steals the spotlight from the sumptuous Italian spread below it.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$110
NOTE: Last order for food and alcohol is at 2100 and 2130, respectively.
- Buses: 106, 123, 132 (2-min walk from Tomlinson Road Station)
- Nearest MRT Station: Orchard (14-min walk from exit NS22)
We recommend for you
Best italian restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore