Geylang Lor 29 Fried Hokkien Mee
Filed in best hokkien mee | January 09, 2021
Many locals would drive all the way to East Coast Road to have a plate of the best Hokkien Mee in town. To many foodies and casual eaters, Geylang Lor 29 is a top contender. It’s particularly different as the chef still uses charcoal fire to cook up the noodle dish.
What are so special
- Noticeable wok hei notes: This is like a major throwback to the ’60s when charcoal fire was prominently used by hawker stall persons to cook noodle dishes. Geylang Lor 29 has been serving up this classic hawker food since, and it never fails to deliver. You likely turn up your nose for this dish to savour the smoky fragrance!
- Generous amount of seafood: Fans of seafood will love Geylang Lor 29’s Hokkien noodles as the fresh prawns and squids given in each plate are more generous than what offered in other places.
- Offers three different dishes: Aside from the famous fried prawn Hokkien Mee, oyster omelette and carrot cake are also on offer. Both taste good and are a perfect company for the guests while waiting for their Hokkien mee.
The 5 Best Hokkien Mee in Singapore
- A regular serving of this stall’s Hokkien noodles can feed up to two persons, while the upsized serving is suitable for 3 to 4 persons.
- 30-minute waiting time is expected.
- The original Geylang Lor 29 Swee Guan Hokkien Mee at Sing Lian Eating House in Geylang is run by the brother of Geylang Lor 29 Fried Hokkien Mee at East Coast.
PRICE: S$5 (Regular)
- Tuesday to Sunday: 11:30 – 21:30
- Closed on Mondays
- Address: 396 East Coast Road, Singapore 428994
- Tel: (65) 6242 0080