Mellben Seafood @ Ang Mo Kio
Written by The Best Singapore Editors |
October 17, 2023
Mellben Seafood has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a stall along Alexandra Road to become a well-known seafood destination with three outlets in Singapore.
The restaurant has been recognized in the Singapore Michelin Guide and awarded a 'Michelin Plate' distinction.
- A crab-centric culinary universe: Mellben Seafood’s menu boasts an impressive selection of 15 crab dishes, offering a true haven for crab enthusiasts. Indulge in Mellben Seafood’s standout crab offerings, such as the chilli crab, clay pot crab vermicelli soup, butter crab, laksa crab, black pepper crab, salted egg yolk crab, ginger onion crab, and shimmering sand crab.
- An eggy and gooey chili crab gravy version: Mellben Seafood’s chili crab is made with large crabs smothered in a thick, spicy, and slightly sweet chili sauce. Their unique style of cooking produces a dish that is starchy, eggy, and gooey, with an abundance of sauce that is perfect for dipping mantou. Furthermore, the spice level can be adjusted to suit individual preferences.
- Top spot for clay pot crab bee hoon: Claypot crab bee hoon, also known as clay pot crab vermicelli soup, is a noodle soup dish that features a milky broth, rich with the aroma and sweetness of crabs. For many locals, Mellben is the go-to destination to savor this delectable crab dish, which may be new to your culinary repertoire but is sure to delight your taste buds from the very first spoonful.
7 Best Chilli Crab in Singapore (2024) to Die for
AMBIENCE: Mellben Seafood at Ang Mo Kio is located far from the bustling center of Singapore, but the atmosphere here is never quiet. Situated in a kopitiam in one of the HDB estates and adorned with decorated crab shells on the walls, Mellben provides an intimate dining experience for crab lovers.
- There are no nearby MRT stations so public transport accessibility is by bus.
- It is recommended to check the prices of all the dishes before ordering as they are not listed on the menu.
- It is always worth calling ahead to make a booking.
- Be prepared that the service of the store is almost at food court standard.
We recommend for you
Best chilli crab
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore