Plain Vanilla Bakery @ Tiong Bahru
Filed in best cake shops | July 25, 2018
Plain Vanilla isn’t really plain at all. See those cupcakes and layered cakes for yourself, and you will be amazed how the chef must have put a lot of hard work and patience on those attention-grabbing designs. The cupcakes also taste good as it looks so you can totally explore one at a time, day by day.
- High quality ingredients and passion make up the best cupcakes in town: Plain Vanilla’s cupcakes are made with the finest ingredients like Belgian chocolate, French butter, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Valrhona chocolate. Combine this with experienced, passionate pastry chefs and you will have desserts worthy of praises.
- Regular and seasonal cupcake flavours: Approximately nine cupcake flavours are being baked daily, while a couple of specials will be offered during certain months of the year. For example, the bakery did a fragrant rose flavoured cupcake with cheese frosting last May to celebrate Mother’s Day. Latest update on the monthly specials are usually announced on Facebook.
- Red velvet cupcake is a star of the show: It is made of Valrhona cocoa cake butter, topped with vanilla cream cheese icing. The cake is moist, fluffy and velvety (indeed) while the frosting is perfectly smooth and has no overwhelming creaminess. A highly recommended flavour to any foodies out there!
- Gift boxes for a more beautiful life: Themed appropriately – Thank You, Sorry, Love, Encouragement, and so on – these gift boxes are such a great way to make your presence felt by your loved ones, more so, if you don’t have the courage to express your feelings with words.
- Tiong Bahru outlet is the perfect place to have an alone-time: Stylish, homely and cosy are how previous customers have described the Tiong Bahru outlet. It is located at a quiet neighbourhood in Yong Siak Street so you will be able to relax, read books and sip a cup of coffee peacefully. And yes, it has an indoor seating area surrounded by art works, books, flowers, plants, and a large display cabinet.
- Tasty coffee blends: The perfect companion to any kind of dessert. Dine-in guests may as well order a cuppa to add value to their experience as Plain Vanilla’s coffees and teas are refreshing, working well with the pastries, and they taste just right.
The 5 Best Cake Shops in Singapore
MENU: The shop’s small-sized menu spotlights cupcakes with 9 different flavors (choco-hazelnut, strawberry white chocolate, red velvet, milk chocolate chip, dark chocolate ganache, carrot, cookies and cream, cinnamon brown sugar, and milk chocolate banana). Aside from that, a handful of other cakes is also available.
- Salted Caramel
- Red Velvet
- Cinnamon Brown Suger
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
AMBIANCE: The Tiong Bahru outlet looks like a contemporary Japanese-like café with vintage-style bikes lined up in front of the shop, zen minimalist interior, and wooden tables and chairs. The walls are accentuated with paintings, giving an artistic-hippie vibe to the warm cupcake shop. It is also worth mentioning that the shop is seldom jam-packed so you can drop by anytime during its operation hours.
PRICE: Cupcakes are at $3.90 each or $22 for every six
All PLAIN VANILLA’S LOCATIONS
@ Tiong Bahru
Address: 1D Yong Siak Street, Singapore 168641
Tel: +65 8363 7614
- Mon to Sat: 08:00 – 19:00
- Sun: 09:00 – 18:00
@ Cluny Court
Address: 01-03A, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760
Tel: +65 8363 7615
Opening hours: Daily 08:00 – 19:00
@ ION Orchard
Address: 2 Orchard Turn, B1-06, Singapore 238801 (within IN GOOD COMPANY Concept Store)
Tel: +65 8299 9422
- Monday to Thursday: 11:00 – 19:00
- Friday to Sunday & Public Holidays: 10am – 7.30pm
@ Robinson Road
Address: 140 Robinson Road, 01-02, Singapore 068907
Tel: +65 8299 0674
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 07:30 – 19:00