Filed in best american restaurants | July 05, 2018
When it comes to popular American dishes, Roadhouse tops the list of the many Singaporeans and expats. Burgers, fries, wings, steaks, pastas, ice cream sundae… name it all, the restaurant has got it covered. So it is safe to say that Roadhouse could be one of the best American restaurants in Singapore, and below are the reasons why.
- Josper grilling for Wagyu beef patties: The ability to combine grilling and baking the meat in a single machine is innovative, and what it does to the meat is simply amazing. At Roadhouse, the Wagyu patty has a great char-grilled appearance and is packed with juices. Turn up your nose to breathe in the smoky aroma and let the flavours burst into your mouth with every bite.
- Build your own meaty burger or order a la carte: Ideal for those who are really picky with their burgers, BYOB (S$16) is served with 170g of meat and a pair of homemade sesame buns. Included in the offer are your own choice of extras, cheese, sauce, and sides. However, if you don’t feel like experimenting with new combinations, browse through the a la carte burger menu and choose among classic, signature, and unusual suspect options. Bacon Marinated, Pulled Pork, Fab Foie Gras, Butt-naked Baby, and Fish ‘n Chips in a Bun are a must-try!
- Burgers for kids: Priced at S$12++, the kid’s menu comes with a decent size burger + fries, drinks and dessert. And while waiting for their food, there are colouring books to keep them busy which is a nice touch from an already cordial restaurant.
- Burger eating contest: Man vs Roadhouse: Think you can conquer a burger stuffed with 6 Wagyu beef patties, 6 slices of cheese, bacon strips, chillis, jalapenos, coleslaw and a sea of fries on the side? Yes, you could, but to tear it down within 20 minutes is another story. What’s the catch? If you win, you get it for free and earn a slot on their Wall of Fame, where wannabes can marvel at your greatness. Well, otherwise, you will have to pay S$58 for it!
- Go-to family restaurant for weekend brunch in Dempsey: As most American restaurants are designed to be enjoyed by large groups of people, Roadhouse is no different. The menu is extensive, in which the Weekend Brunch is what particularly motivates people to stroll down Dempsey Road on a Sunday noon. Open on Sat-Sun from 9:00 to 16:00, burritos, burgers, and ice cream sundaes are up for grabs!
The 5 Best American Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Roadhouse’s menu is loaded with popular American fare such as US spare ribs, Boston clam chowder, spicy garlic parmesan wings, Philly cheese steak, corndogs, and S’more ice cream cake. Guests can have a piece of this food paradise through a la carte, brunch, or lunch combo menus. There are menus tailored for drinks and kids, too, but Roadhouse isn’t exactly the type of restaurant that can cater to vegans with their meat-heavy mains.
AMBIANCE: Roadhouse is a contemporary American restaurant that opted to nestle at the rustic and laid-back side of Dempsey Road. Large glass windows light up the dining area, which gives off a very relaxing and warm atmosphere to the restaurant. Additionally, Roadhouse has a spacious dining hall to accommodate both small and large groups of people, including children.
- Bacon Marinated Burger
- Crispy Cajun Burger
- Fabulous Foie Gras Burger
- Simple Brie-Vine Burger
- Cajun Chicken Salad
- Eggs Benedict
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Sticky Date Pudding
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$35
- Free corkage from Monday to Thursday
- For Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays, Roadhouse only accepts reservations for 6 pax and above during brunch.
- Catering services available
Best american restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like