5 Best Singapore Live Music Bars for a Great Night Out
Entertainment | December 10, 2019
It cannot be denied that exploring Singapore at night is extremely interesting. Whether you want to chill out at a cozy bar or sing along with a band, there is a wealth of entertainment waiting for you after the sun goes down. Here are some recommendations of places that offer great music, appetizing meals and a guaranteed unforgettable night out.
See also: The 5 Best Rooftop Bars In Singapore
See also: 7 Best Cocktail Bars in Singapore
- Great live music performances of the local bands every night: Timbre at The Substation is home to some of the best live bands in Singapore like 53A and Goodfellas with excellent performances.
- Providing chilling open-air ambience for enjoying live music: Smartly utilising the covered open-air area behind The Substation building, Timbre provides customers a wonderful lively venue to relax and enjoy live music performances.
- Best Rock 'n' Roll Blues bar in Singapore: If you are a true Blues fan, Crazy Elephant is definitely a place for you. Enjoy wonderful performances nightly with the hottest blues and rock bands in Singapore, especially on Wednesdays and Saturdays with Blues Machine band’s performances.
- Witty and funny jokes on television screens: This is one of Crazy Elephant’s highlights attracting people of all ages. The bar makes a good job of collecting extremely humorous and naughty jokes to entertain its customers.
- Exciting Jam nights on Sundays: A special jam session is usually organized on Sunday nights when customers can perform on stage. Crazy Elephant welcomes everyone to perform on stage, simply tell the bar staff if you want.
- Live jazz by local and international artists: Local musicians regularly play jazz and R&B at Cool Cats. On occasion, international jazz artists are invited to perform. The Cool Cats stage has been graced by the likes of Adam Hall & The Velvet Playboys from Perth, R&B sweetheart Janine Anice from London, The New Orleans Singapore Revue, and the Graeme Bell Hall of Famer, James Morrison.
- Unique cocktails inspired by jazz music history: Cool Cats offers 14 signature cocktails that are carefully curated by its head mixologist, Nicola Paterno. Cocktails with names like Lady Ella, Holiday’s Protest, Ways of a Diva, La Vie En Rose, and East St. Louis Toodle-Do are enough to pique the interest of every jazz aficionado.
- A favourite live music bar of the locals: Proudly serving excellent live music for over 20 years in Singapore, Wala Wala Cafe Bar has become one of the best places to enjoy music in the island city. To many Singaporeans, Wala Wala is a part of their childhood and adulthood, a relaxed place to chill out with family and friends.
- Live performances at Wala Wala start earlier than at its counterparts: This is one of the main draws of Wala Wala Cafe Bar as many people want to enjoy live music for two to three hours and still probably get home before midnight. Performances start from 19:00 on weekdays and 21:30 on weekends.
- A variety of entertainment: Hero’s is a popular place to enjoy live music (6 nights a week) from it resident bands (Vevo) or watch live sportscasts on the biggest screens that you can find inside a bar in Singapore. On Tuesday nights, people flock to Hero’s for a night of rolling laughter with Comedy Masala.
- VIP area with beer-tap tables: The VIP section provides some privacy for guests who want to stay away from the rocking and roaring crowd. Each VIP booth is equipped with two draft beer taps with electronic tracking and real-time display so guests can keep track of their alcohol consumption.
- 2,500 sq. ft. of party space: Hero’s is divided into an al fresco area, the main indoor seating, and a three-booth VIP section. This provides a good option for birthday parties, stag nights, corporate events, or any other special occasion that calls for a fun night of partying.