Zen Fut Sai Kai
Filed in affordable vegetarian eateries | July 05, 2018
Zen Fut Sai Kai stands on the side of old-fashioned vegetarian eateries. When one steps into this over-60-year-old eating venue, he may understand more about the colour of time. Old and small yet good and reasonable.
- A standout among Chinese vegetarian eateries: Zen Fut Sai Kai has been serving people with vegetarian diet since 1953. The menu of this old small eatery is brimming over with tasty home-style vegetarian Chinese foods. Start your exploring journey from mock meat and mushroom dishes, then move to stir-fried vegetables and fried rice.
- Going green in the little world of Buddha: Ornamented with a lot of statues and paintings of Buddha, Zen firstly offers diners a few glimpses of Buddha world, then prepares their souls for a green meal in a zen atmosphere. Those ornaments and the café’s furniture have been around for many decades, the colour of time on them can bring diners back in time.
- Awesome fried mushroom wanton: Aromatic and crispy are the two words to sum up the wanton’s skin while flavorful is all about the filling made with mushrooms and mock meat. This is the dish that gives your meal a good start and leaves something for you to remember later on.
- Big food portions, two dishes are enough for 3 diners.
The 5 Best Affordable Vegetarian Eateries in Singapore
MENU: Zen Fut Sai Kai features a large sized menu with dishes named in English and Chinese. All the menu items are about traditional Chinese vegetarian food. Diners can find a selection of Chinese tea on the menu as well.
- Fried Mushroom Wanton
- Stir-fried Kailan with Tofu Balls
- Mixed Veggie with Sugar Cane Flower
- Mixed Veggie with Lily Buds
- Yang Chow Fried Rice
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$7