Ah Chew Desserts at Liang Seah Street
Filed in best chinese dessert | July 23, 2018
A busy day at Bugis area may make you feel like having an invigorating and cool dessert somewhere. And for this reason, Ah Chew Desserts is the go-to place of many shoppers, diners, and casual visitors. It is dubbed as the best dessert place by the locals for having an extensive combination of traditional and modern Chinese style desserts like Mango Sago, Green Bean Soup, Yam Paste, Egg Chestnut, and so on.
- Real ceramic bowl sets and decorative pieces from China: What better way to prepare your Chinese dessert than to put it in an authentic ceramic bowl? Also, from the façade to the dining area, everything looks old-school Chinese art décor, a scenery that can take your mind away from the highly urbanised Singapore even for a bit. This definitely adds authenticity to the experience of eating cold or hot Chinese desserts.
- Best mango sago with pomelo in town: Mainly because of how the two fruits are blended perfectly together to make a soup, which charms the teens and young adults. Other ingredients like cream milk, bits of ice, and sago balance out the sweetness and sourness of these fruits, making mango puree and pomelo pulp a match made in heaven!
- Hashima desserts for the adventurous: Exotic yet exciting dishes are ever-present in Chinese cuisine, even in desserts! A bowl of hashima dessert is typically filled with dried fatty tissues of edible frogs plus some sweeteners. Ah Chew offers the closest thing you can get to the authentic taste through their hashima-inspired desserts. Yes, you do have quite a few options to select from!
The 5 Best Chinese Dessert Places in Singapore
MENU: Ah Chew Desserts menu is expansive with approximately 50 items which fall under different categories like traditional, ice cream, hashima desserts, steamed egg, durian, sago, grass jelly, and double boiled soup desserts. Traditional desserts such as red bean paste with lily bulb, almond paste, hashima desserts, or the black glutinous rice may ring a bell to aunties and uncles. Meanwhile, newer generations may find delight in the interesting concoctions of fruits, ice creams and/or crop-based pastes in one bowl.
- Mango Sago with Pomelo
- Durian Mango Sago
- Durian Sago
- Watermelon Sago
- Black Sesame Paste
- Red Bean Paste
- Yam Paste
- Water Chestnut and Herbal Jelly
- Hashima Fresh Milk Steamed
AMBIANCE: As Ah Chew is extremely popular in Bugis area, customers begin to come in at around 20:00 and it doesn’t take long before the place gets congested up until 23:00. However, the quaint Chinese interior décor, warm ambiance, and cordial staff are a great compensation for a few delays as you fall in line. Ah Chew had to lease almost the entire edifice but still can hardly accommodate the constant flow of guests every night; but you may take it as a great sign, though!
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$5
Best chinese dessert
Eat & Drink
You may also like