The 5 Best American Restaurants in Singapore
Eat & Drink | June 23, 2017
Delicious burgers, tasty grilled steaks, and juicy ribs with smoky BBQ sauce are what foodies like about American food. But that’s not all, there are many other delectable dishes you can find in American restaurants, including buffalo wings, eggs benedict, pulled pork sliders, fajitas, and the all time favorite apple pie.
American restaurants can be found in popular shopping malls and expat hubs in Singapore. This article presents you the 5 best ones.
Remember, don’t eat for at least 5 hours before you visit any of these restaurants.
- A place to enjoy a true Southern style American BBQ experience: Imagine, you are sitting on a wooden veranda, savouring a big slab of delicious smoky BBQ ribs and taking a swig of cold craft beer in a hot humid day. It is like what you saw in American movies and it is what you will experience at Smokey’s BBQ.
- Some of the best buffalo style chicken wings in town: If you are on the hunt for the best buffalo chicken wings in Singapore, you can stop at Smokey’s BBQ. The huge wings are fried to perfection, tossed in Smokey’s classic buffalo wing sauce then served with home made blue cheese dressing on the side to give your taste buds a heavenly moment.
- The word “promotion” always shines on its menu: “Taco Tuesday” is time to enjoy free chips and salsa with any main course order. S$1 Buffalo wings are things that keep fans of chicken wings excited every Wednesday. Thirsty Thursday are reserved for alcohol lovers to have their favorites at happy hours prices. And kids can eat free with any adult main course purchase at weekend brunch.
- Family-friendly eating location: Friendly vibe, great open-air dining area and an exclusive kids menu makes it a perfect choice to gather for a laid-back family meal. There is even a playground next to the veranda (Joo Chiat outlet) to keep the kids busy.
- Interesting bistro concept: Grab cold beers and quick American bites in the buzzing bar downstairs to whet your appetite then head to the stylish, comfortable and spacious restaurant on the second floor to enjoy your main and dessert in a laid-back atmosphere.
- Delicious all-American fare with generous portions and reasonable prices: The place has a winning streak when it comes to serving typical American delights. Don’t miss the ever-popular Wagyu and lamb burgers, Salt and pepper calamari, juicy Black Angus Ribeye Steak, Baby back ribs, and Dallas fajitas to get your taste buds jumping with joy. The portions are really huge, suitable for sharing.
- Reasonably priced set lunches in the CBD: A delicious 2 course set menu at S$28++ and a 3 course menu at $36++ is a hard to find deal. Indeed a great crowd-puller.
- Charming location on the lively Boat Quay to enjoy delicious American burgers and steaks. Stunning sky scrapers in the backdrop and a gorgeous view of the Singapore River adds to the already lovely ambience.
- A private party venue at the third level has a private bar and a balcony offering magnificent view of Singapore riverfront. A great place to host birthday parties, corporate events and celebrate special occasions. The entire floor can easily hold up to 70 people.
- Hearty Tex-Mex fare with huge portions and affordable price: Sink your teeth into sizzling American delights with a Mexican slant – fat and juicy smoked ribs, Fajita trio (grilled steak, chicken and spicy garlic and lime shrimp), signature Big mouth burger and Crispy honey-chipotle chicken crisper. And don’t miss the Fire Grilled Corn Guacamole, served with warm tostada chips and home – made salsa.
- Mix and match Grilled Baby Back Ribs at S$39: Best of both the worlds in one plate? Relish their finger-licking-good ribs in two flavours. Get a half rack with honey BBQ sauce and the other half rack with cherry cola sauce. It is available with 2 side dishes of your choice.
- Drool-worthy Chocolate Molten Cake: Who can resist a rich, warm chocolate cake with a hot and gooey, chocolate center? Topped with decadent vanilla ice cream, this oh-so-popular dessert is worth every calorie.
- Lunch promotion combos from S$13.90 are a great value for money. It comprises of a soup or salad, a main course and free flow of soft drinks.
- Popular eating choice for families with children: Lots of treats and activity packs for kids make this place an attractive dining option for families. Kids are pampered with all-time favourites like Pizzas, Macaroni & Cheese and Cheesy burger bites.
- Josper grilling for Wagyu beef patties: The ability to combine grilling and baking the meat in a single machine is innovative, and what it does to the meat is simply amazing. At Roadhouse, the Wagyu patty has a great char-grilled appearance and is packed with juices. Turn up your nose to breathe in the smoky aroma and let the flavours burst into your mouth with every bite.
- Build your own meaty burger or order a la carte: Ideal for those who are really picky with their burgers, BYOB (S$16) is served with 170g of meat and a pair of homemade sesame buns. Included in the offer are your own choice of extras, cheese, sauce, and sides. However, if you don’t feel like experimenting with new combinations, browse through the a la carte burger menu and choose among classic, signature, and unusual suspect options. Bacon Marinated, Pulled Pork, Fab Foie Gras, Butt-naked Baby, and Fish ‘n Chips in a Bun are a must-try!
- Burgers for kids: Priced at S$12++, the kid’s menu comes with a decent size burger + fries, drinks and dessert. And while waiting for their food, there are colouring books to keep them busy which is a nice touch from an already cordial restaurant.
- Burger eating contest: Man vs Roadhouse: Think you can conquer a burger stuffed with 6 Wagyu beef patties, 6 slices of cheese, bacon strips, chillis, jalapenos, coleslaw and a sea of fries on the side? Yes, you could, but to tear it down within 20 minutes is another story. What’s the catch? If you win, you get it for free and earn a slot on their Wall of Fame, where wannabes can marvel at your greatness. Well, otherwise, you will have to pay S$58 for it!
- Go-to family restaurant for weekend brunch in Dempsey: As most American restaurants are designed to be enjoyed by large groups of people, Roadhouse is no different. The menu is extensive, in which the Weekend Brunch is what particularly motivates people to stroll down Dempsey Road on a Sunday noon. Open on Sat-Sun from 9:00 to 16:00, burritos, burgers, and ice cream sundaes are up for grabs!
- Food paradise for ribs lovers: Ribs at Tony Roma’s are mainly inspired by Southern style of barbecuing. As such, the original baby back ribs and St. Louis ribs might ring a bell to its fans. Both are available in three different sizes, half, regular and full, making it suitable for sharing by 2 persons. For a larger group of diners, The Family Feast, Rib Sampler, and Rib & Steak Combos are a great way to have a little of everything in a BBQ restaurant.
- Commendable starters and soup: Onion loaf and baked potato soup are the notable dishes by Tony Roma’s menu. Recommended by the chefs, the onion loaf is hand-cut, breaded and deep-fried to perfection, while the baked potato soup is loaded with cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Great venue for casual business meetings: The semi-formal interior décor and glass doors capable of reducing outside noise at a significant level create conducive room to hold casual business meetings with your clients. The restaurant also accepts reservations to make sure that you will have the best seat in the house.
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore