Filed in best English tuition centres | March 26, 2021
Cognitus is a Latin word that means “to know, learn, or recognize”. It is by these guiding words that Cognitus Academy aims to fulfil its mission of helping students achieve their full potential.
The academy believes in the value of critical thinking and how it helps a child succeed, not only academically but in all aspects of human life. Based on this philosophy, Cognitus Academy focuses on developing a child’s critical thinking skills through critical reading and writing.
The academy’s founder, Dr Daniel Chua, is an innovative educator who currently serves as an adjunct fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and a consultant of the Ministry of Education’s Curriculum Planning and Development Division.
- The centre’s lead tutor, Dr Chua is a multi-awarded teacher who counts a Fulbright Research Award from the US Embassy among his numerous achievements.
- The centre’s teachers had to go through a meticulous screening process and 3 months of training before they started handling classes.
- Critical Reading & Writing (CRW) Strategy is refined and applied at the centre.
- The centre uses innovative tools such as a student’s online portal and a digital library to further support a child’s learning.
- All students have access to the centre’s library (200 titles) and various online periodicals such as The Straits Times, Time, National Geographic kids, and BBC Earth.
- 83% of students achieved AL1 to AL4 in PSLE English Exams.
- 82% of the inaugural Primary 6 class scored an A in PSLE English Exams.
- All students showed improvement by at least one grade after enrolment.
Details on fees for each programme are available upon inquiry.
Best English tuition centres
You may also like