5 Best Tuition Centres in Singapore for Science – 2024 Guide
Written by The Best Singapore Editors |
January 03, 2024
Science is one of the most challenging subjects in the Singapore education system. In fact, most students complain that Science is the most difficult segment of the PSLE. Moreover, with the constant updates in the MOE Science syllabus, parents often find themselves uncertain when it comes to helping their children with Science schoolwork. This is why there is an increasing demand for Science tuition in Singapore today.
There are three types of tuition that are available in Singapore right now.
- In group tuition, classes are taught in small groups, similar to a classroom setting. Tuition fees for group tuition tend to be lower.
- In one-on-one tuition, full attention is given to the student, and the teaching method is personalized. One-on-one tuition can be more expensive.
- Online tuition has become increasingly popular since the start of the pandemic. You might want to choose this type of tuition if you want your child to learn safely in the comfort of your own home.
Read on below to learn more about the 5 best tuition centres in Singapore for Science [2024 review] and which types of tuition they offer.
F9 To A1 [Maths, Science, Chemistry & Physics] has consistently produced F9 to A1/AL1 results every year since 2004. Parents can refer to their website to peruse the before-and-after science results of their students, F9 to A1/AL1 Results which they have been collecting annually since 2004. Personalised one-on-one lessons catering to the unique learning needs of each and every student address the needs of individual students, unlike normal classroom tutorial teaching. Programs include PSLE, GEP, and Olympiad lessons for primary students from P4 to P6. For Sec1-4 students, O-Level, IP, and special entrance exam courses into prestigious institutions are available.
F9 to A1 Specialist graduated with a Masters in Engineering degree & awarded two scholarships from NTU and GlobalFoundries.
For over 20 years, Singapore's only F9 to A1 specialist has been helping struggling science students comprehend Science, Chemistry, and Physics using the most stimulating and refreshing teaching styles. The effectiveness of his teaching methodology has been proven over more than 2 decades, as clearly demonstrated in the yearly F9 to A1 result slips of his students and testimonials from doctors & school teachers. Singapore’s top-rated science tuition centre has consistently produced F9 to A1 results and signed testimonials from parents since 2004. Many of his students are now successful doctors and dentists, including Dr Jonathan Tan & Dr Tan Shee Ying.
Parents and students have the opportunity to experience the uniquely successful science teaching techniques of our F9 to A1 specialist through free trial lessons. F9 to A1 Specialist is so confident both parents and students will enjoy and benefit from his proven teaching techniques, he has made it compulsory for parents to attend the free trial lessons with their children to witness the success of his F9 to A1 teaching methodology!
- Free trial lessons available: F9 To A1 Specialist has made it compulsory for parents to attend the free trial lessons, with the aim of allowing both parents and students to observe and appreciate the distinctive and efficient science teaching methods that have been responsible for producing countless AL1s and A1s since 2004.
- 20 years of teaching experience: For the past 20 years, Singapore’s one & only F9 to A1/AL1 Specialist has consistently produced F9 to A1/AL1 results every year! Testimonials personally signed by school teachers and surgeons are available on his website, attesting to the highly effective teaching methodology.
- 1-1 customised learning: Singapore’s Only F9 to A1 Specialist understands all students have different learning needs. As a result, 1-1 tailored lessons are effectively structured according to individual students’ learning needs.
- After improving from F9 to A1/AL1, students have gained significant confidence in Science, Chemistry & Physics and even started to enjoy those subjects.
- F9 to A1 Specialist has helped thousands of students improve from F9 to A1 since 2004.
- F9 to A1 Specialist’s ability to identify a spectrum of methods to help weak students, from different backgrounds, improve from F9 to A1/AL1.
- Free trial lessons for Parents (compulsory) & students prove how effective & interesting the lessons are & why students manage to improve from F9 to A1/AL1 every year since its inception from 2004.
Math Science Guru refers to Mr. Allen, the founder and sole tutor of the tuition centre. He is a top former lecturer at Raffle Institutions and has more than 20 years of experience in teaching Science and Math to students in Singapore.
Math Science Guru is best recommended for students who need dedicated attention from the tutor in a small class setting.
- Guaranteed F9 to A1 results in 12 weeks: Mr. Allen offers a money-back guarantee if the student does not get F9 to A1 results in 12 weeks.
- 90-minute trial lessons are available for free: Allen believes that trial lessons are necessary for students and parents to evaluate and decide if the centre’s courses and teaching methods are suited to their needs.
- Limited class size for more focused teaching: The class sizes at Math Science Guru are limited to 3 to 5 students to ensure that learners receive the full attention from Mr. Allen.
- Personalized classes: Every class is customized to cater to the specific requirements of each student. Mr. Allen makes sure that he is teaching the exact topics that students are currently learning and that the students are well-prepared for their class tests.
- 91% of students scored a distinction in the PSLE and O levels Examinations.
- More than 3,000 satisfied students taught since 2003.
PRICING & FEES:
- No admin fee or deposit.
- Lesson fees are available upon enquiry.
For quality Science education for children, TinkerLab is the go-to learning centre in Singapore. Since 2010, TinkerLab has been offering specialized tuition, holiday programs, and enrichment classes tailored to primary school Science.
Their experienced team of teachers, led by Mdm Tan and Mr. Allan, holds Postgraduate Diplomas in Education (Primary) and Master in Education (Science) from NIE, ensuring your child receives expert guidance and support.
- Tinkerlab has an online MCQ portal where P5 and P6 children can find exam questions to aid them in revision
- Robotics courses are available at the centre
- Every June, intensive PSLE Science revision workshops are arranged.
- Quick support to any inquiries via WhatsApp
- Registration fee: $20
- Refundable deposit; $100
- Material fee: $10 per term
- Primary 3-6 lesson fees: $60 per lesson, $600 per term
At The Science Academy, quality teaching is the top priority. With a focus on critical thinking and reasoning, the centre's dedicated team of instructors helps students develop strong scientific intuition.
Led by director and co-founder Nicholas Yu, who has coached over 2,000 students to distinction passes in Biology and Chemistry, The Science Academy is the perfect place to get the high-quality education any child deserves.
- The centre offers out-of-class support where required
- The curriculum is clear and meticulously crafted
- Students have access to an extensive e-learning library
- The focus of the programs is to equip students with the tools they need to achieve the best results possible
TSA The Science Academy has successfully achieved the following:
- 70% distinction passes in ‘O’ Level chemistry
- 70% distinction passes in ‘A’ Level physics
- 90% of the students attained A+B in ‘A’ Level H2 chemistry
|Fees per subject, per month (4 lessons)
|Junior College 1&2
|Science, H2 Chemistry, H2 Physics, H2 Biology
Maths Hub is a well-respected enrichment centre that has been providing science programmes since 2004. Founder Mr. Michael Lim is a renowned figure in the world of mathematics, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the centre.
With courses ranging from Primary 2 level, where young students can develop strong foundations in scientific reasoning, to PSLE final sprint classes for those preparing for their exams, Maths Hub has something to offer students of all levels and abilities.
The centre's team of competent, dedicated teachers boasts impressive credentials, ensuring that each student receives personalized attention and a top-notch education.
- The centre uses training materials that are specially designed by the instructors and are relevant to the MOE syllabus
- Lower-level science students learn through the exploration of their surroundings
- Treasure hunts are organized to stimulate their thinking abilities
- Advanced science programmes are organized for high-achieving PSLE students to hone analytical thinking and strengthen their knowledge
- High-achiever science programmes are available for fast learners
|Fees per Term
|High Achiever Science
|High Achiever Science
|High Achiever Science
|High Achiever Science
We recommend for you
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore