NOTE: The store opens as early as 8:30 AM so it makes a great breakfast place for the early birds. If you want to power up your day big time, order a medium or large-sized laksa, but if you’re looking after your diet, a small clay pot will do.
Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa
- Best forA Michelin-rated bowl of laksa
- Prices• $4 (small)
• $5 (medium)
• $6 (large)
- AddressBlk 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, #01-75 Alexandra Village, S150119
- Phone+65 9088 9203
- Opening hoursDaily 08:30 – 15:30
Those who love clay pot dishes might find Depot Road’s spicy noodle soup the best Laksa. If you frequent Alexandra Road and a sudden urge to chomp down a bowl of laksa dawns on you, it’s either you might end up with katong laksa at Queensway Shopping Centre or the clay pot version by Depot Road at Alexandra Village.
What people like
- Laksa in clay pots: Yes, clay pots retain heat well – perfect for those who always eat with a friend or two. Be sure that your laksa is still hot and flavorful over chatting.
- The thickest and creamiest version of laksa in town: Cooked in a clay pot, the laksa here tastes thick and rich as it is by appearance. Think carbonara, but only doused in spicy seafood and coconut-based gravy and garnished with coriander. Topped with fish cake, prawns, shredded chicken meat, and cockles, the laksa at this store is something to die for.