The 5 Best Chocolate Bars in Singapore
Eat & Drink | January 28, 2021
We know the chocoholic in you is hurry to get a chocolate fix. So a long introduction is not necessary. You’d better scan through the Highlights and pick the place that will fill you with enjoyment and happiness.
- Offering chocolate buffet: Yes, it is a chocolate party with free flow of all things chocolate – savories made with chocolate, chocolate cakes, chocolate tarts, chocolate spheres, chocolate cocktails and more.
- Savory items to prime your palate: This newly-added selection was introduced in the revamped menu and have remained as guest favorites. Come hungry, whet your palate with savories made with chocolate like Cocoa and Spice-rubbed Baby Back Pork Ribs, Wagyu Beef, Peruvian Chocolate and Poblano Chilli Empanadas before heading to your desired chocolate stations.
- Pure chocolate treats at the Valrhona Tasting Table: Guests can sample 12 varieties of premium Valrhona chocolate with different percentages of chocolate content. It’s just simple and unadulterated chocolate goodness in bite size form without the extra frills.
- Chocolate freezing show: If you want a bit of entertainment amidst the chocolate fest, head over to the Live Nitro Station and watch the experts freeze gooey chocolate with liquid nitrogen. The end products are plated chocolate spheres containing Valrhona 70 percent chocolate sponge, crumble, espuma, and meringue. Eye and palate treats at the same time.
- A dessert place for all-things chocolate: From pastries, cakes, cookies, mooncakes, bars, lollipops, to cocoa powder, every chocolate dessert of Laurent Bernard is awesome. You will meet all of your favorites such as chocolate tart, chocolate lava cake and hot chocolate, and fall in love with new ones. But most importantly, your senses will have a real feast with the stunning look, chocolatey aroma and rich taste of the sweets here.
- Perfectly puffed up and fluffy soufflés: It’s the right way to describe a well-done soufflé, really. Fresh from the oven, every soufflé from the wide soufflé collection of Laurent Bernard is a sure treat to the palate. It is rich in flavour, creamy and moist in consistency, and the taste was even made more intense with the accompaniment of a certain sherbet flavour, depending on your order.
- The best Chocolate Soufflés at Robertson Quay: People specifically drop by at this dessert place for its famous Chocolate Soufflé (S$16.5). It never fails to wow the customers with its high quality chocolate puree, velvety meringue, and creamy raspberry sherbet on the side. All of these are done in less than half an hour so you can only imagine how much dedication the chocolatier must be putting on your chocolate soufflé. Order this and you’ll find heaven on Earth instantly!
- Chocolate mooncakes for special occasions: Perfect for the mooncake festival, these cakes can be ordered in a box of 8 assorted flavours for S$68. Each cake doesn’t contain lotus paste, but is loaded with chocolate batter on the inside and crispy coating on the outside. It can also be a great gift for your family or friends.
- Open till late: The bar doesn’t get any better than this especially for people who get a sudden urge to eat chocolate desserts in unexpected times of the day! Laurent Bernard at Robertson Quay is open till midnight from Tuesdays through Thursdays, and until 01:00 every Friday and Saturday.
- Multi-layered All Chocolate cake: Size ranges from 6 to 8 inches, this multi-layered dark chocolate cake is good for sharing among four persons. This cake features alternate layers of chocolate fudge and cake batter, which is definitely a must-try for fans of dark chocolate. The cake itself melts in the mouth, has the consistency of a Mars chocolate bar on the outside, and hits your palate with a powerful cocoa flavour. Additionally, a richer and smaller version is available in the form of the Super Stacked Chocolate cake.
- One of Singapore’s best dark chocolate ice creams: Also known as Hei Ice Cream, it is made with natural ingredients containing a mix of 70% Belgian and Awfully’s own cocoa solids, cream, eggs, and milk. Naturally aerated, this premium ice cream is very rich, and dense. This cold dessert is also perfect for customers who wish to sample single or double scoop of dark chocolate ice cream whose flavour is at par with the other well-known ice cream shops in the country.
- Flourless chocolate cake for people with gluten intolerance: Is All Chocolate too sinful for your liking? Take the pleasure of indulging in dark chocolate cake powdered with icing sugar… but without flour! If ribs should fall off the bone to be considered done perfectly, this cake is beautiful with its crispy crust and moist, dense texture.
- Chocolate Banana, a staple cake for birthdays: A favourite by countless birthday celebrants, this cake does consist a layer of chocolate filling and banana puree. It comes in two sizes; 6 and 8 inches, so you should be able to share it with a small group of people. Let the staff know that the cake is for a birthday occasion so they will decorate it with an appropriate greeting.
- Nine outlets to run into: Located across the island are the nine Awfully Chocolate outlets. Each store is easy to access as some are located close to the MRT, in big shopping centres, and one on the popular East Coast Road. So if ever a sudden chocolate craving hits you while shopping in Vivo City or Star Vista, you can easily find its store in any of these places.
- Chocolates from around the world: The Dark Gallery uses top grade single origin chocolates from Madagascar, Ecuador, Tanzania, Dominican Republic, Cuba, and Venezuela. Seasonal origins like Costa Rica, Grenada, Indonesia, and the Philippines sometimes make an appearance on the menu during special promotions.
- Artisanal chocolate ice cream: Chocolate + ice cream, what could be better than that? This chocolate bar is famous their single origin chocolate ice-cream ($5.50 per scoop), made daily in small batches. If you want to taste a little of everything, try the Single Origin Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Platter or the customizable 3-scoop Ice Cream Soiree.
- Single origin dark chocolate pastries platter: Besides chocolate ice cream and chocolate drinks, there is chocolate pastries that draw more people with a sweet tooth in. Try the chocolate pastries platter to have the tasting portions of a panna cotta, macaron parfait, chocolate tart, flourless ganache cake, and a baton.
- Savory fare and chocolate at one location: Unlike regular Awfully Chocolate outlets that only focuses on desserts, Ninethirty offers diners a 2-in-1 experience – well-presented café food to satisfy your hunger and a wide selection of chocolate desserts to take you to heaven. Think of a diner starts with Ribeye Steak, Grilled Pork Chop or Prawn, Crab Meat & Basil Aglio Olio then ends with chocolate cakes, ice creams or truffles paired with chocolate drinks or coffee.
- Late-night hang out spot for dessert lovers: Ninethirty closes at 1 AM on Fridays and Saturdays, making it a good option to satisfy your midnight cravings. Share some beer or wine with your friends or indulge in their sinful desserts paired with coffee or tea.
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore
Eat & Drink
You may also like