Wang Dae Bak Korean BBQ Restaurant
Filed in best korean restaurants | July 04, 2018
Wang Dae Bak Korean BBQ Restaurant is one of the most well known Korean BBQ restaurants in Singapore. As its name would suggest, the restaurant is specialized in serving high-quality BBQ dishes at affordable prices. Besides, a good selection of Korean favorites such as pancakes is also on offer.
- It is a real charcoal BBQ: This sets Wang Dae Bak apart from others. Grill prime rib and pork belly over the charcoal fire; you will know how special and flavorful they are.
- Free flow of egg BBQ: It sounds strange but is quite a highlight at Wang Dae Bak. Egg mix is poured around the side of the barbeque pan and what you need to do is wait until it turns fluffy. Half-cooked or well done are both awesome and wonderfully, it is free.
- Huge size pancakes for sharing and filling: Served on bamboo-woven trays, Wang Dae Bak’s pancakes are really impressive with their huge portion and generous ingredients. If your pancake turns cold, grill it over the charcoal fire to taste it crispy until the last piece.
The 5 Best Korean Restaurants in Singapore
BANCHAN: There are 5 complimentary and refillable banchan served at Wang Dae Bak.
- Prime rib
- Spicy pork belly
- Marinated chicken
- Kim chi pancake
- Seafood pancake
- Spicy seafood tofu soup
- Budae jjigae
ATMOSPHERE: Wang Dae Bak at China Square is much more spacious and convivial than its sister restaurant at Amoy street. During dinner time, it is packed with Koreans, Japaneses and locals enjoying BBQ with soju. It is such an inspiring scene for anyone to start his order.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$33
- Reservation is highly recommended.
- Free barley tea is served.
- Each table is required to order at least 2 servings of meat.
- Charcoal BBQ pans are only available at dinner time. Korean-style hotplates are used at lunchtime instead.