English is the No. 1 language used in the world and it is the primary language used in business and education settings in Singapore. Therefore, learning this skill is not only an academic requirement but would also be beneficial when your child goes out into the world.
If you have a child struggling in English or who wants to score better in English at school, enrolling him in an English tuition centre can be a great help.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A TUITION CENTRE
When choosing a tuition centre, it is essential to consider the following factors:
- Track record: This can be checked online as most tuition centres post their achievements on their websites.
- Class size: Smaller studying groups promote better student-teacher engagement.
- Teacher experience: Expertise comes with experience.
TYPES OF ENGLISH TUITION IN SINGAPORE
English tuition centres in Singapore may offer one or all of these three types of English tuition:
- Group tuition: Small group in a classroom setting.
- 1-to-1 private tuition: Personal tutoring is conducted at the student’s home or any convenient location.
- Online tuition: Home-based or off-site learning taught online.
There are many English tuition centres in Singapore to choose from, and it is vital that you pick the right one. To help parents like you, we prepared this shortlist of the 5 best English tuition centres in Singapore [updated 2023], based on track record, teaching experience, and student feedback.