What types of dances can a child learn in Singapore?
Singapore’s vibrant dance scene offers a variety of genres for young aspiring dancers eager to take their first steps on the dance floor. Ballet, jazz, hip-hop, K-pop, and contemporary dance are just a few of the many forms that budding performers can learn in Singapore.
At what age is it good for a child to start learning to dance?
Generally, dance classes become accessible to children as young as three years old, with specialized programs tailored to their developmental stages.
What are the costs of dance lessons in Singapore?
As for cost, dance classes for kids in Singapore cost an average of SGD $20 to SGD $40 per session, with some schools offering packages for a more economical option. If you prefer private lessons for your child, expect to pay around SGD $80 to SGD $120 per session. For first-timers, trial lessons are recommended. Some dance schools in Singapore offer trial sessions for free.
Where to get the best dance classes in Singapore?
In this guide, we’ll explore the 5 Best Dance Classes for Kids in Singapore (2023 Guide), each offering a unique blend of discipline, creativity, and fun. Whether your child dreams of twirling in a tutu or busting out urban dance moves, Singapore’s diverse dance studios have something for everyone.
The Dance Place, located at Forum along Orchard Road in Singapore, offers dance classes for kids, teens, and adults. Their classes include ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap dance, contemporary dance, and many more.
It was founded in 2019 by internationally-trained dancers, Emma Hayes-Hudson, Emmanuelle Grizot, and Sun Yining.
- Dance classes are handled by passionate teachers who have trained and performed professionally on the international stage.
- The Dance Place has spacious studios that are centrally located and easily accessible to the public.
- Students are divided into levels according to age, ability, and experience.
- Special workshops are occasionally held with world-renowned guest instructors.
- Students have the chance to perform during national events like the National Day Celebration and Children’s Day Festival.
- Contemporary Dance
- Hip Hop
- Street Dance
- Song & Dance, Musical Theatre
- Tap Dance
- Toddler Rhythm & Movement
- Technique Skills
- Ballet Pointe Espoir
- Elite Performance Group (By invitation only)
The MADD in the name of MADDspace stands for Music, Art, Drama, and Dance. It is one of the top performing arts studios in Singapore, teaching budding performance artists as young as 3 years old.
MADDspace was founded by John Koo, an award-winning Singaporean artist who is also the Director of Glee Studios and Vocal Director of the Singapore Children's and Youth Show Choir.
Dance classes available at MADDspace include hip-hop, K-pop, jazz, and contemporary dance.
- Dance classes at MADDspace follow the internationally recognised syllabus of CSTD Australia.
- The studio’s Signature Sing & Dance Show Choir programme uses an exclusive curriculum from Los Angeles, USA.
- Private dance classes are available for those who prefer one-on-one learning sessions.
- Seasonal fun-filled dance camps are offered during school breaks and holidays.
- Students can enjoy discounts on lessons and trial fees when registering online.
Pre-school (3 – 5.5 years old):
- Preschool/Pre-Primary Sing & Dance
- Preschool Hip Hop & K-Pop Combo
- Preschool Creative Movement
- Preschool Hip Hop
Junior Kids (6-9 years old), Pre-Teens, and Teens (10 – 18 years old):
- Developing Artiste Programme (Sing & Dance)
- Hip Hop
- Contemporary Dance
- Ballet (Junior kids only)
- Sing & Dance Show Choir
- Group Trial Dance Class: S$28
- Private Trial Dance Class: S$60
- K-Idol K-Pop Dance Camp (3 days): S$568
- Prestige Sing & Dance Camp (3 days): S$568
- Icon Dance Camp (3 days): S$568
- Preschool Twinkle Stars Camp (1 day): S$168
- Central: #02-12 GR.ID Mall, 1 Selegie Rd, Singapore 188306
- West: The Chevrons, 48 Boon Lay Way, Singapore 609961