The 5 Best French Restaurants in Singapore
Written by The Best Singapore Editors |
June 22, 2017
Looking for the finest of French restaurants in town for a special occasion? Singapore has numerous options to please your desire of true French fine dining experience, from celebrity chef restaurants like L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon to boutique ones like Restaurant Andre.
Our list of the five best French restaurants in Singapore introduces you the current homes of the most talented chefs, who will take you through the most pleasurable gastronomic journeys of modern French cuisine.
- Discovery menu, a true example of French haute cuisine: The perfect ten-course menu will bring you through the wonderland of chef Robuchon. Foie gras custard, French-style Wagyu skirt steak, roasted cod with artichoke pickle tomatoes juice and the seven others will be fabulous culinary destinations for your taste buds. Spend 240 Singapore dollars per pax, but you won’t waste any pennies with that unique experience of L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon.
- Spectacular bread basket to accompany the meal: L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon’s bread cart is amazingly presented, and your free bread basket with numerous types is spectacular and ambrosial.
- Open kitchen: This restaurant has a unique setting concept where guests can be audiences, and witness chefs create, prepare and cook dishes before them in a dazzling open kitchen. The chefs in action and small art pieces on beautiful plates may work as spices, jazzing up your dining experience at L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon.
- Unparalleled gastronomic journey: A meal with around 20 different small dishes, including amuse-bouches, 8 main courses, pre-desserts, desserts and post-desserts will take your taste buds through a divine dining adventure. It is like a food journey, in which the previous item has a link to the next one. And it is absolutely a wonderful journey, from the beginning to the end.
- Not the chef but the best and freshest ingredients in the market decide what will be on the menu: Chef Andre feeds his guests with a fixed degustation menu with meticulously prepared dishes using the freshest produce supplied on the day. No matter what ingredients available, the 8 main courses will be structured according to the restaurant’s Octaphilosophy – “Pure Salt Artisan South Texture Unique Memory Terroir”.
- Andre is where food meets art: At restaurant Andre, food quality is the best of the best things with divine taste and beautiful presentations in an inspiring way. Each dish is a masterpiece that can keep diners inspired many days after the meal.
- Excellent service: The chef only wants his restaurant to be small so his team can take care of every guest well. And it is what you really get at Andre. The restaurant’s knowledgeable and professional staff will ensure your enjoyable journey from the moment you enter the restaurant to the moment you get into the taxi.
- Breathtaking view: Situated on the 70th floor of the Swissotel, the view of this restaurant is so magnificent. No matter where your table is, you can also contemplate a beautiful view over Marina Bay. What could be better than treating your palate with the finest French foods while your eyes are feasted on the most wonderful view Singapore has to offer?
- Exceptional foods: JAAN’s dishes have been praised to be at Michelin standard, comparable with those in the best restaurants around the world. Whether you go with a la carte menu or set menus, things can never go wrong. Chef Julien Royer’s signature dishes like 55′ rosemary smoked egg and hay roasted pigeon will show you the finest parts of French culinary art.
- Great wine list and sommelier: There are nearly 500 different labels from Old World and New World Wines to pair with chef Julien’s creative foods. The knowledgeable sommelier of the restaurant will absolutely give you great pairings delighting your gastronomic experience.
- The first Krug Ambassade in Singapore: Appointed to be a partner of Krug, the world’s famed champagne house, JAAN is the only restaurant in Singapore offering the full range of Krug Champagnes. Chef Julien especially creates a menu to pair with this heavenly champagne.
- Cold angel hair pasta, Oscietra caviar, a gorgeous creation of chef Gunther: The dish looks simple but it turns out to be divine in flavor, marked by top-notch ingredients of truffle and Oscietra caviar. Once enjoying this Gunther’s signature dish, you may forget everything eaten before.
- Good value weekday set lunch menu: Fine dining on a budget? It is what Gunther offers in its weekday lunch set. With S$80++, diners will have a delicious 5-course meal in an elegant setting.
- Daily specials: Chef Gunther doesn’t change his menu regularly, but he knows how to make his offers always new by using a “daily special cart”. Those on the cart are what can never be found on the menu, but can be touched by hands when the cart full of best in-season produce is shown at your tables. Don’t forget to ask about the price as special foods always come with special price tags.
- A beautiful and romantic French restaurant: The restaurant’s beauty lies in its both indoor and outdoor dining areas. Nestled in a black and white bungalow at Dempsey, the alfresco area of Au Petit Salut is surrounded by lush greenery and gently flowing waterfalls. It is a truly tranquil ambience for gastronomic experience. The indoor main dining room is a classy venue, exuding an elegant and romantic vibe for celebrating love.
- Value for money and spoilt for choice set lunch: Au Petit Salut is famous for its set lunch, priced at S$38++. While most of other restaurants’ lunch set menus offer diners limited choices, Au Petit Salut’s menu enables people to select foods for their 3-course lunch from an impressively large list.
- Crispy French duck leg confit, a dish that makes diners come back for more: This main course is an outstanding item on the menu. The superb crispy duck skin makes the dish unforgettable.
- Extensive list of French wines at reasonable prices: There are approximately 100 labels available at the prices that are kind to your wallet. The restaurant’s sommelier is in the know, helping with the best wine and food pairings.
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore