Filed in best cafes |
July 23, 2018
An art space and a good brunch place at the same time. Artistry doesn’t get more interesting than this, truly unique in every sense of the word that even some of the coffee blends are quite rare in Singapore. Robust meals, Windowsills cakes, and craft beers are worth noting, too. Not to mention that only a few cafes on the island are able to successfully pull off an all-in-one café & bar taste-wise.
- Soon-to-be popular Gibraltar coffee: It’s about to get mainstream in SG, so better grab your Gibraltar cuppa before everyone else does. It is prepared in a short glass and filled with a double shot of espresso and warm milk, giving an intensely rich flavour with nutty notes.
- Innovative food items: Probably did this in an effort to live up to its artsy image. Take the Artistry Crab Burger as an example. Its buns are infused with squid ink so imagine a black pair of buns sandwich, the crispy crab meat with mayo, tomato, spinach, and sweet onion. On the side, regular fries or Cajun-style may accompany this dish.
- Art pieces and performances to muse about: Apparently, those who love arts and crafts will fall in love with this place! Hanged paintings all over, performance artists breathe life into the café’s night scene, and poetry reading to soothe your soul. Without a doubt, Artistry does provide a safe haven for emerging artists and art lovers alike.
- A place where talking to strangers is OK: A communal dining table is set up in the middle of the café, as though encouraging one another to develop a sense of camaraderie. Perfect for those who prefer going to cafes alone or if you just happen to drop by at the café to wait for a friend. Just sit back, relax and appreciate the fact that all of the people in the room share something in common with you; coffee, arts, culture, and food.
5 Best Singapore Cafes for a Satisfying Pastry and Coffee Meal
For a small café, the menu is loaded with breakfast and brunch classics and a few interesting ones. There are draft beers, artisanal desserts like the notable red velvet and carrot cake, Italian pastas, and a wide selection of Liberty roasted coffee blends on the list. Hubbies can get themselves busy with their Swiss Alps beer and fries, while the ladies can catch up with friends over a slice of red velvet and cup of latte. Anyhow, the diverse range of dishes offered by Artistry opens up many reasons for people to get creative with their food fusion ideas.
Artistry does not look too far from a contemporary art gallery. Industrial ceiling, white-washed walls, communal dining table, and gallery lighting fixtures make up the interior. Of course, paintings by different artists on the verge of emergence decorate the wall along with mini book shelves and the kitchenette. Customers can freely roam around the area as there is enough space for an aisle indoors. Even on a busy weekend afternoon, Artistry stays comfortable, cool, and quiet to the feeling and to its overall atmosphere.
- Artistry Crab Burger
- BRB Pancakes
- Duck confit Pesto Linguine
- Eggs on toast
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate and Fig Loaf
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$18
NOTE: Live performances are up every night.
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore