Hajah Maimunah at Jalan Pisang
Filed in best halal restaurants |
July 05, 2018
Established since the 90s, Hajah Maimunah is one of the best Halal restaurants in Singapore, famous for serving Malay food in traditional Kampung style. It is a perfect place for hungry people who are looking for authentic Malay dishes right in Singapore. This popular restaurant has been featured on Anthony Bourdain’s cookery show.
- Serving some of the most delicious, authentic Malay food in Singapore: For a taste of traditional, home-style Malay dishes, get it at Hajah Maimunah. The restaurant’s signatures such as Beef Rendang (braised beef), Ikan Bakar (grilled fish), Ayam Bakar Padang (grilled chicken) and Tahu Telur (deep-fried beancurd) are real crowd pleasers.
- A “mind-blowing” selection of more than 40 dishes at affordable prices: Heaps of delicious, colourful dishes are displayed in the clean glass panelled cabinet – curries, seafood, vegetables, deep fried fritters and traditional kuihs. And most of the dishes have prices ranging between S$4 and S$6.
- Open for not only lunch and dinner but also breakfast: Malay food lovers have chance to dig into some really fresh, homely breakfast in this restaurant as it is open at 07:00 from Monday to Saturday.
The 5 Best Halal Restaurants in Singapore
AMBIENCE: Hajah Maimunah is always thronged by huge crowds looking to relish real flavours of Malay cuisine. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor dining areas to cater for your need.
- Ayam Lemak Chili Padi
- Ikan Bakar
- Beef Rendang
- Lemak Siput Sedut
- Tahu Telor
- Asam Pedas Ikan Pari
- Bubur Cha Cha
- Odeh Odeh
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$10
- Reservation is recommended if you are going in a big group.
- Catering is available for various occasions.
We recommend for you
Best halal restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore