Keng Eng Kee Seafood
Filed in best zi char places | July 03, 2018
When it comes to delicious, wholesome zi char meals, Keng Eng Kee Seafood is a winner all the way. The coffee-shop, famous as KEK, has been around for over 20 years serving traditional, home-style Chinese food. With a dazzling range of zi-char fare at reasonable prices, it is a perfect place to take your family and friends for dinner.
- Great selection of signature dishes: KEK specializes in piping hot comfort food to warm your heart and please your taste buds. It delightful signatures like Salted Egg Crabs, Moonlight Hor Fun, Mingzu Rolls and Claypot Pork Liver are truly outstanding. Each dish oozing with wok hei goodness that will leave you craving for more.
- Salted Egg Crab is easily the most popular dish served at this restaurant. Deep fried crab placed in a gravy of salted egg yolk is something you can’t afford to miss. It is subtly tempered with curry leaves and chili padi to bring out that awesome, delicious flavor of sweet, fresh crab.
- Crispy Mingzhu Rolls: Assortment of appealing ingredients (prawns, salted egg yolk, mushroom, ham and parsley) wrapped in dried beancurd skin and deep fried to perfection – interesting play of flavours and crispy crunch makes Mingzu rolls another best seller.
- Comfortable air conditioning dining option adds more value to the overall experience. This eating place spreads across two blocks and you can either choose to enjoy your favourite zi-char delights in spacious al-fresco area or in air-conditioned section with limited seating.
The 5 Best Zi Char Places in Singapore
MENU: Keng Eng Kee Seafood offers a well-executed a-la-carte menu of seafood, chicken, duck and pork dishes along with a range of claypot creations. Set mixed platters, soups, rice and noodle dishes are also available.
- Mingzhu Roll
- Moonlight Hor Fun
- Braised Liver in Claypot
- Salted Yolk Crab
- Chili Crab
- Cuttlefish Kangkong
- Fried Soon Hock In Black Soy
- Sambal Kang Kong
- Three Egg Chinese Spinach
ATMOSPHERE: This no-frills restaurant has a down-to-earth air of a zi-char stall. The service is quick and efficient even during the peak hours and the staff is very friendly.
NOTE: Reservations are a must on weekends and especially if you prefer to dine in the air-conditioned room.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$20