No Signboard Seafood Restaurant
Filed in best chilli crab |
April 14, 2023
The early days of No Signboard saw only about three crabs sold a day. However, Mdm. Ong Kim Hoi, a dedicated chef and her partner, treated this as an opportunity to nurture their culinary passion. As a result, they created the white pepper crab, which soon became famous through word-of-mouth advertising.
Nowadays, No Signboard is renowned for its seafood and is considered one of the best places in Singapore to try chilli crab.
- Chilli crab with various levels of spiciness: At No Signboard, you can customize the spiciness level of your chilli crab to suit your taste. Although the presentation of the dish may not always be neat, the tantalizing aroma and taste of the crab will not disappoint.
- White pepper crab at its best can be found here: No Signboard actually ‘invented’ Singaporean white pepper crab and their version is unmatched. The restaurant has a flawless recipe for this dish. The peppery flavor is strong but doesn’t overpower the sweetness of the crab meat. Served with some vegetables, this pepper sauce-coated crab dish goes perfectly with fried rice.
7 Best Chilli Crab in Singapore (2023) to Die for
AMBIENCE: No Signboard’s original branch is located in Geylang. This outlet offers diners a glimpse of Singapore’s dining ambiance in the past. If you’re looking to experience a vibrant Singapore at night, with a touch of the country’s old days, choose to dine in the outdoor area for a true crab-by-the-roadside experience. Alternatively, if you want to avoid the sweltering weather, the air-conditioned area inside is a great choice.
MUST-TRIES: While the crabs are the highlight of the menu, there are plenty of other delectable dishes to round out your meal. Consider trying some of the favorite dishes of No Signboard’s regulars, which are listed below.
- Cereal prawn
- Razor clam (also known as bamboo clams)
- Drunken shrimp
- Baby squid
- Yang Zhou fried rice
- Water, peanuts, and towelettes are not complimentary
- Small baskets are provided for each table to keep personal belongings
- Reservations are highly recommended
- Be prepared that your hands will get messy with the sauces
- Valet parking is available
We recommend for you
Best chilli crab
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore