Torasho Ramen & Charcoal Bar
Filed in best ramen | October 23, 2020
Torasho Ramen & Charcoal Bar’s name is a portmanteau of the partners’ names: renowned restaurateur Tora Widjaja and Head Chef Sho Naganuma. They bring together their rich experience in the culinary world to curate a sophisticated Japanese menu that does not only satisfy the cosmopolitan Singaporean tastebuds, but is affordable at the same time. What is there to love about Torasho’s ramen is that it highlights classic flavours while injecting a contemporary twist. Sounds confusing? In simple terms, their ramen is just delicious.
- A fine-dining experience at a fraction of a price: Imagine this: starting at S$12.84, you get to feast over a scrumptious ramen bowl that bears the Tora-Sho tandem signature. Torasho also offers a curated Premium menu that features upscale Japanese ingredients and ways of cooking. Take the Donabe Claypot Rice for example—the melt-in-your-mouth Wagyu A5 Zabuton with a delicate Onsen Egg ($62.06).
- Choose your ramen experience: Torasho showcases an array of ramen experiences: classic with a contemporary twist, dipping ramen, and dry ramen. Classic for if you want an unadulterated ramen feast; dipping ramen for if you want to have full control of your ingredients, and dry ramen for a truly unique experience.
- Cold Stupid Ramen: It’s an absolutely curious name for a bowl of ramen, but this is where the Torasho ingenuity comes in. Their signature dish is a melange of the sea’s bountiful offerings: king crab, lobster, ama ebi, uni, and ikura; in tasteful harmony with a cold bowl of ramen noodles.
The 7 Best Ramen in Singapore
SOUP BASES: Torasho offers three soup bases: Tonkotsu (classic), Spicy Tonkotsu, and Truffle Tonkotsu (tonkotsu broth infused with luxurious truffle).
PRE-ORDER: To pre-order your ramen or to reserve a table, you can call their number or send a message via their Facebook page.
- Tonkotsu Ramen – S$12.84
- Truffle Tonkotsu Ramen – S$9.26
- Torasho Pork “Bak Chor Mee” Ramen – S$14.98
- Free islandwide delivery for orders S$100 and up
- DIY ramen kits are available for patrons who want to enjoy their Torasho ramen at home.
- Accepts Apple Pay, Google Pay, and most credit cards
- Buses: 10, 57, 655, 785, 97, and 97E (Get off bus stop B05271)
- Nearest MRT station: Tanjong Pagar Station (EW15)