BAK KUT TEH SOUP: Outram Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh offers diners Teochew-style bak kut teh soup which is clear and full of peppery flavour. The soup is tasty and the pepper taste is not overpowering to diners.
PORK RIBS: It’s the pork ribs, the highlight of the show. And at Outram Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh, the pork ribs are so tender for you to enjoy your meal.
ATMOSPHERE: Located on the ground floor of a residential building and with simple decorations, Outram Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh features a typical atmosphere of a coffee shop setting, fully packed during its operating hours.
- Spare rib soup
- Liver soup
- Sliced pork loin soup
- Pig trotters
- Watercress soup
- Salted vegetables
- You tiao
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$13
- You can fill up an order by using the ordering slips placed under the menus which are hung on the walls of the eatery.
- Besides rice, the usual carbohydrate dish goes well with your bak kut teh, this eatery also offers mee sua which is a very good alternative option.
- Fish in bak kut teh soup are available for those who don’t enjoy pork.
- You can choose to have your preferred level of fat in your pork ribs by indicating it in your ordering slips.
- The place is non-air-conditioned.
- Smoking zone is marked by tables in blue colour.