7 Best Places to Buy Consumer Electronics in Singapore 2021
Shopping | January 04, 2021
Singapore is a shopping paradise for not only fashionistas but also electronics lovers. Millions of people flock to Singapore to buy electronics every year since this is the only place in Southeast Asia offering the best and cheapest electronic goods.
With diversified electronics shops and centers, you will definitely find the latest electronics goods to purchase and then bring them home with seven percent GST refund at Changi airport. Scan through our list to know where you should head yourself to to grab your wanted items.
See also: The 5 Best Budget Shopping Places in Singapore
- Selling consumer electronics at the cheapest prices: IT Show, The PC Show, COMEX, and SITEX offer shoppers great opportunities for electronic products at huge discounted prices. Most of the goods at these events are sold at lower prices compared to the same items at other places.
- A lot of free gifts are offered: Besides the best prices, this place also supplies beautiful and useful giveaways from sellers such as USB thumb drives, wireless computer mouse devices, screen protectors, webcams, and mobile phone accessories. You can ask salespersons for more free gifts when making a purchase.
- Great events to catch up with the latest technology: All the newest products and latest innovative items are widely introduced at these exhibitions by big technology companies, including Apple, Microsoft, HP, Dell, Sony, Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Asus, Panasonic, Canon, and Nikon. If you are an IT geek, come to see many things interesting there.
- One-stop mall for electronics products in Singapore: Funan currently has 34 shops under the Electronics & Technology category. This number is expected to grow as more businesses have been settling in the new mall. All shops offer genuine items at competitive prices so shoppers are assured of good quality products. Key tenants include Courts, Best Denki, and Audio Technica.
- First IoT-enabled store and first Google Experience Zone in Southeast Asia: Courts at Funan features these new innovations as well as the largest Samsung Smart Home retail concept in Singapore. GT Assiststar, the in-store robot assistant, greets you at the shop entrance.
- Singapore Visitor Centre on the premises: Good news for tourists! Funan has an exclusive partnership with the Singapore Tourism Board. So, you don’t have to go very far for your tourist enquiries and concerns. Just visit the Singapore Visitor Centre located at Basement 2. Tourists with babies, PWDs, or senior citizens can also enjoy a complimentary loan of baby strollers and wheelchairs.
- An all things electronics retail chain: Harvey Norman stores offer a full range of technology gadgets and household appliances from different well-known brands in the world such as Apple laptops, Samsung tablets, Sony entertainment systems, and Philip cooking appliances.
- Excellent service: The service at Harvey Norman is very professional. The sales staff is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the products. They do not use hard selling tactics so customers will always have a pleasant shopping experience at Harvey Norman.
- Best place to buy dishwashers: Among renowned consumer electronics shopping places, Harvey Norman offers the largest selection of different brands and types of dishwashers. This retail chain also works with Bosch, a famous German manufacturer, to introduce the first dishwashing concept store in Singapore, providing customers a one-stop-shop to learn about, to try out, and to buy dishwashers.
- One-stop shop for all computer products: Here, you can find almost all computer-related items, from high-end models of laptops, desktops, tablets, printers, scanners, game consoles, speakers to software, and different types and brands of keyboards, computer mouse devices, chargers, power banks, travel adaptors, blank DVDs, memory cards and plenty of accessories.
- Shops are conveniently located across Singapore: With more than 40 outlets available all over the city, it is very easy to find a Challenger shop near your place.
- Great deals for members: Challenger’s (ValueClub) members can enjoy many good privileges like buying selected products at cheap discounted prices, attending special member sales organized periodically, and earning reward points that can be exchanged for attractive gifts. Membership cost is S$30 in 2 years.
- Providing flexible monthly installment plans: With various payment plans available, Courts provides customers affordable monthly installments for up to 72 months and anyone can apply for these payment schemes, named FlexiPlans, without owning a credit card.
- Offering great online shopping platform: Courts online shopping store is a comprehensive website, providing customers a convenient and hassle-free way to shop for electronics products. Almost all technology gadgets and home appliances are on sale on its website. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa/Master Card/American Express) or cash on delivery.
- Attractive deals are offered weekly: Products on sale at discounted prices and cool bundle gifts outstand Courts among others. You are recommended checking its website or visiting its stores for the latest promotions and offers.
- SmartRent service: Electronics product renting service is offered at affordable rates, allowing customers to use or try out high-quality gadgets without paying a large amount to buy them. Items can be rented for a period of 6 months onwards.
- Selling electronics at the most competitive prices: With a full range of consumer electronics at lower prices compared to its counterparts, Mustafa Centre has allured a large number of customers. By purchasing goods in extremely big quantities, Mustafa Centre can get lower prices to pass the savings to its customers.
- Friendly sales staff: Mustafa Centre electronic department’s staff is friendly and helpful, they are attentive to customers’ requests and willing to open packaging for product inspection.
- The only 24-hour shopping centre in Singapore: Unlike other shopping centres, Mustafa Centre opens 24 hours daily to cater for late-night shoppers, which appeals to customers.
- A family business that is renowned for selling consumer electronics: Established in 1952 by the late Mr. Gulabrai Primalani, PariSilk is now run by his three sons Andrew, Larry, and Kevin. Trading textiles initially, since 1974, the company has switched to selling electronics goods, offering customers home appliances and computer-related items. Quality products, competitive prices, and personalized customer service are a plus point of PariSilk to attract customers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore
You may also like