5 Best Chicken Rice in Singapore to Die For
Eat & Drink |
January 05, 2021
Hainanese chicken rice is one of few local dishes served on the menu of Singapore Airlines. It is also listed at number 45 on the World’s 50 most delicious foods compiled by CNN Go in 2011.
Chicken rice can be found anywhere in Singapore, from hawker stalls, franchised outlets to restaurants. This tasty and reasonably priced food is one of the daily meal choices of locals and travelers. Herein the 5 best Chicken Rice in Singapore you should check out.
See also: The 5 Best Chilli Crab in Singapore
- Fragrant and tasty rice: Rice sounds simple, but is the cornerstone of Tian Tian. The rice is cooked in the chicken stock to perfection – full of flavour and oily as the way Hainanese chicken rice should be.
- Reasonable prices: A decent portion of chicken and rice plus a bowl of chicken broth costs 5.00 Singapore dollars. Basically, it is the usual price for any hawker foods in Singapore. But we can say that Tian Tian’s price is a steal for its good quality and taste.
- A place to have chicken rice day and night: It is not difficult to find a place with good chicken rice for lunch or diner in Singapore. But it not easy to find a good one for late-night dining. Opened till 04:30, Boon Tong Kee is where we can have tasty chicken rice at any time, even in the middle of the night.
- True taste of chicken rice in a comfortable restaurant: For those who want to taste a good plate of chicken rice but cannot stand the sweltering temperatures in Singapore, Boon Tong Kee is an ideal choice. The place is air-conditioned, clean, bright, and comfortable.
- An extensive menu that goes beyond chicken rice: Boon Tong Kee offers not only chicken rice but also a good selection of Chinese home-style foods. It is convenient for those who wish to have more foods than just chicken rice in one meal.
- One of the best dipping sauce for chicken rice: The combination of chilli sauce, ginger paste, and dark soy sauce makes up a perfect condiment to go with chicken rice. No doubt, this is the thing that makes the chicken rice meal. And Wee Nam Kee is famous for its outstanding sauce, a mixture of spicy chilli sauce, yellow pasty ginger, and silky, thick and less salty dark soy sauce.
- A place to have a plate of mixed chicken: When it comes to chicken rice in Singapore, the steamed white chicken is often seen but there is another version offered at some restaurants – roasted chicken. And just because the roasted chicken is done so nicely at Wee Nam Kee, a lot of diners want to have both the steamed and roasted chicken on one plate.
- Loy Kee Special Set – a balanced meal: Loy Kee Special Set is a highlight at Loy Kee Best Chicken Rice. Including chicken, rice, vegetables, and soup served in a wooden tray, this special set offers a balanced way of having chicken rice. The portion is generous enough for a big eater.
- A place to have chicken rice for breakfast: If you have an appetite for chicken rice in the morning, Loy Kee could be your culinary destination. There are a number of chicken rice places along Balestier road, but Loy Kee is the one opening earliest.
- Chicken rice at a 5-star hotel: Situated on level 5 of Mandarin Orchard, a 5-star hotel in the heart of Orchard, Chatterbox offers a high-end dining experience for a local’s everyday dish. It is a place to treat overseas guests to a traditional meal in a posh ambience.
- A wine list to go with chicken rice: For those who love to have either red wine or white wine to enhance the dish and the dining experience, Chatterbox offers a wine list to satisfy such needs. And if you want something more, the hotel bar is at your service.
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore