Physiotherapy might be a vague concept to most people. What is it exactly? The Cambridge Dictionary defines physiotherapy as “the treatment of problems of the muscles, joints, or nerves, especially using exercises or by rubbing or moving the affected body parts.” Some modes of physiotherapy include physical exercises, manual therapy, hydrotherapy, heat therapy, and acupuncture.
WHO NEEDS PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Physiotherapy can be helpful to different people of different ages. It is most commonly sought by athletes suffering from sports injuries, workers with chronic neck or back pain, and elderly folks who need to maintain mobility.
Even if you don’t fall under any of these categories, you might need physiotherapy if you are suffering from pain, ailments, or reduced movement affecting any of the following areas:
- Bones, joints, and soft tissue – back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and sports injuries
- Brain or nervous system – movement problems resulting from a stroke, multiple sclerosis (MS), or Parkinson’s disease
- Heart and circulation – rehabilitation after a heart attack
- Lungs and breathing – chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and cystic fibrosis
COST OF PHYSIOTHERAPY IN SINGAPORE
The cost of physiotherapy in Singapore varies depending on the type and duration of the treatment. Home care options and the level of expertise of the physiotherapist may also affect the price of each session. On average, the cost of physiotherapy in Singapore ranges from S$100 – S$300 per 45-minute to 1-hour session.
If you are looking for a reliable physiotherapist in Singapore, this article can help you. We scouted the whole island to come up with our list of the 5 best physiotherapy clinics in Singapore [2022 review]. Read on to learn more about our recommended clinics and decide for yourself which one is best for you.
Rapid Physiocare is a leading clinic for modern physiotherapy in Singapore. It is composed of well-trained, dedicated, and caring professionals who are committed to delivering top-quality service to their clients.
The clinic is well-loved for its individualized, sophisticated therapies that are developed by its multidisciplinary team of therapists, with a broad range of specialties.
Rapid Physiocare offers a wide range of physiotherapy services including Physiotherapy for Musculoskeletal Conditions & Injuries, Pre/Post-Operative Physiotherapy, Spine Physiotherapy, Pre/Post-Natal Care, Pediatric Physiotherapy, and many more.
It is easily accessible through its 4 branches which are located in Tanjong Pagar, Novena, Paya Lebar, and Kovan.
- Rapid Physiocare offers cashless direct insurance billing through its agreements with major international insurers.
- The clinic has a huge team of physiotherapists, giving you more choices and making it easier for you to book an appointment. There’s no need to wait around for an available therapist.
- All physiotherapists are registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC) of Singapore.
- Aside from being highly qualified and experts in their field, the physiotherapists are warm, caring, and positive in their approach when dealing with their patients.
- The clinic offers home care physiotherapy which is extra convenient for patients who cannot make it to any of the 4 outlets.
- Rapid Physiocare is duly recognized with the SME500 award for 2021-2022.
- Physiotherapy for Musculoskeletal Conditions & Injuries
- Pre/Post-Operative Physiotherapy
- Spine Physiotherapy
- Shockwave Therapy
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Home Care Physiotherapy
- Antenatal & Postnatal Care
- Pediatric Physiotherapy
- Clinical Pilates
- Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Chronic Disease Management
- Fitness Programme
- Weight Management
PRICES & PACKAGES: S$188 – S$230 per session (45-60 minutes per session)
- John Abraham – Managing Director, Senior Principal Physiotherapist
- Sheny John – Senior Director, Senior Principal Physiotherapist
- Rahul Gadru – Clinical Director, Senior Principal Physiotherapist
- Kelvin Loh – Associate Director, Senior Principal Physiotherapist
- Zaki Hairodin – Associate Director, Principal Physiotherapist
- Mathew Tay – Associate Director, Principal Physiotherapist
- Pradha Rajoo – Senior Principal Physiotherapist
- Kareen Chua – Senior Physiotherapist
- Amanda Tham – Senior Physiotherapist
- Atiq Syazwani – Senior Physiotherapist
- Chloe Lee – Senior Physiotherapist
- Cheryl Long – Senior Physiotherapist
- Nur Diana – Physiotherapist
- Shane Wee – Physiotherapist
- Alexis Lee – Rehab Therapist