Crystal Jade Golden Palace
Filed in best chinese restaurants | January 09, 2021
A Michelin star is possibly the highest recognition that a restaurant can earn, a symbolism that something is being done exceptionally well. In the case of Crystal Jade Golden Palace, the perfect execution of Teochew recipes along with the easily loveable contemporary creations placed them in the ranks of highly-esteemed restaurants in Singapore.
- Teochew specialties: Crystal Jade is a popular chain of restaurants in Singapore but only the Golden Palace branch offers Teochew dishes, a cuisine that is rooted in the Chaoshan culture. A highly historical cuisine, the restaurant gives it a modern spin to fit in the upscale ambience.
- Affordable dim sum baskets: A $6 dim sum basket from a Michelin-starred restaurant may sound too good to be true but it is just mouthwateringly true.
- Indulgent shark’s fin dishes: Crystal Jade Golden Palace has one of the longest lists of shark’s fin dishes in Singapore. Believed by Chinese to possess medicinal and wellness properties, shark’s fin is presented in more creative ways than simply soup such as sautéed shark’s fin with scrambled egg and olive oil.
- Michelin star recognition: Having received the elusive Michelin star recognition for its authentic rendition of the Teochew cuisine, Crystal Jade Golden Palace joins the ranks of the best restaurants not only in the country but across the globe.
7 Best Chinese Restaurants in Singapore 2021
MENU: Crystal Jade has both a la carte and set menus that offer hot and cold appetizers, Teochew braised dishes, Cantonese barbecue, shark’s fin, bird’s nest, abalone, sea cucumber, fish maw, live seafood, soups, Teochew and Cantonese classics, meat, vegetable and bean curd, and traditional Chinese desserts.
- Roasted Baby Suckling Pig Rolled with Black Truffle Rice
- Chilled Yellow Cream Crab in Teochew Style
- Sugar-coated Yam
LOOK & FEEL: Crystal Jade Golden Palace merges Chinese traditions with modern design. The main dining area features big circular tables, thick carpeting with gorgeous prints, and high ceilings embellished with sophisticated chandeliers. The pop of berry accents amidst black fixtures give the place a movie-set feel, an air of intrigue.
NOTE: Big groups are highly recommended to make reservations for the private dining room.