5 Best Japanese Hot Pot Restaurants in Singapore Right Now
Eat & Drink |
April 28, 2023
What better way to have a great time together than by bonding over a communal Japanese hot pot meal? When thin slices of meat are dipped in boiling soup to make the shabu shabu sound, it is an experience that entertains all the senses.
One can have this simple pleasure at most of the Japanese restaurants in town. But if you only want the best, then pay a visit to the specialized hot pot restaurants (shabu shabu and sukiyaki). From high-end to budget concepts, and from a la carte to buffet styles, those Japanese steamboat places will give you something you are longing for.
See also: The 10 Best Foods In Tokyo You Should Not Miss
See also: 10 Best Edible Souvenirs in Tokyo with Amazing Flavour
Tsukada Nojo is loved by many for its signature collagen soup base, which often brings customers back to the restaurant or encourages them to order takeout.
This Japanese hot pot place is a must-visit in Singapore, offering prompt and friendly service. You won't have to wait long to enjoy your hot pot at Tsukada Nojo.
- One of the top-rated collagen pots for beauty: Tsukada Nojo is famous for its Bijin Nabe, which features golden collagen chicken stock made by stewing chicken bones for more than 8 hours. This nourishing beauty pot is one of the best you can have.
- Usage of valuable and rare chicken: You will be consuming collagen soup made from JIDORI, the most valuable brand of chicken in Japan. Their chickens are raised organically on their farms under strict quality control.
- Different types of soup flavors to add to your pot: The restaurant offers various flavors for you to choose from. You can select the original, which is the bestseller, or other options such as sukiyaki, tomato, spinach, pumpkin, spicy, or white miso soy milk.
- A variety of yummy dishes to complement the hot pot meal: The Tsukada Nojo menu also includes a range of dishes, such as starters, salads, deep-fried and grilled items, nikumaki onigiri, rice, and desserts, to cater to various dietary needs and enhance the hot pot feast experience.
HOT POT MENU & PRICES:
- Single Flavor Pot: S$19 (for 2 pax), S$28 (for 3 to 4 pax)
- Double Flavor Pot: S$30
- Meat (8 items): S$8 – S$15 per portion
- Seafood (8 items): S$5 – S$26 per portion
- Wagyu Beef (2 items): S$42 – S$50 per portion
- Meat combo (3 items): S$35 – S$28 per portion
- Tofu and Mushroom (7 items): S$4 – S$15 per portion
- Noodles & Rice (7 items): S$3 – S$5 per portion
- Vegetable (15 items): S$4 – S$20 per portion
- Local delights (5 items): S$7 per portion
- Nikumaki Onigiri
- Fish Cakes
- Ring Ring Roll
- Mentaimayo Tamagoyaki
AMBIANCE: Despite its small size, Tsukada Nojo exudes a pleasant atmosphere with its open kitchen concept, which offers a glimpse of the chefs preparing your delicious dish.
As its name suggests, Black Cow is a Japanese restaurant in Singapore that specializes in dishes made from high-grade beef sourced from the famed black cattle of Japan. It claims to be the first restaurant in Singapore to introduce Kanto-style sukiyaki, a traditional method of cooking beef in Japan.
While the restaurant is well-known for its premium beef bowls, hot pot enthusiasts also flock to Black Cow for a gastronomic feast of shabu-shabu and sukiyaki.
- Seasonal A5 wagyu beef for shabu shabu: At Black Cow, you can enjoy premium hot pot dishes made with A5 black cattle wagyu from Japan. Depending on the season, you can order shabu-shabu with A5 Matsusaka, Omi, or Hida beef.
- Zuwai Kani crab shabu shabu set for carb lovers: Black Cow features Zuwai Kani, a snow crab highly prized for its sweet and delicate meat, in its shabu shabu section, offering crab lovers the chance to indulge in one of the best crab meals in the world.
- Shabu-shabu comes in a complete meal: All shabu-shabu sets at Black Cow are served with salad, appetizers, seasonal vegetables, and dessert.
SHABU SHABU SETS & PRICES:
- Seasonal A5 Wagyu Beef: S$158
- A5 Hida-gyu beef: S$238
- Zuwai Kani Crab: S$188
MORE FOODS: In addition to shabu shabu, Black Cow’s all-day dining menu features starters, specialty beef bowls, and sukiyaki sets.
DRINKS: Black Cow boasts of a wide selection of Japanese sake including Juyondai, the so-called king of sakes.
AMBIENCE: Black Cow exudes a typical Japanese modern minimalist feel with its predominantly black and brown interior. The marble-top tables, black tiles, textured walls, and wooden shelves add a classy touch to the laid-back and casual atmosphere. The restaurant also offers ample space for families and groups of friends.
Initially known as Shabu Shabu Gen, it is now revamped to Shabu Jin. Shabu Jin offers customers an upscale shabu-shabu with a menu that adds a contemporary touch to traditional shabu-shabu. You won't want to miss out on trying this new version of shabu-shabu.
- Best place for upscale Shabu-Shabu: Shabu Jin provides communal dining with an upscale version of Shabu-Shabu where you can find premium ingredients such as wagyu beef, black pig, and Japanese king crab for your hot pot meal.
- A menu centered around Wagyu beef for a truly exceptional dining experience: At Shabu Jin, the ordering process is simple. Diners just need to choose from among their four sets: Hida Beef, Iwate Beef, Kagoshima, and Wagyu Assorted. These sets are designed for beef lovers to enjoy the best Wagyu ribeye and sirloin cuts from the most famous regions of Japan.
SHABU SHABU SET PRICES:
- Hida Beef: S$128
- Iwate Beef: S$118
- Kagoshima: S$108
- Wagyu Assorted: S$138
All shabu shabu set comes with assorted vegetables and ramen.
- Hida Beef: S$98
- Iwate Beef: S$88
- Kagoshima Beef: S$78
- Tongue: S$68
- Chateaubriand: S$138
- Japanese King Crab: S$218
- Kagoshima Kurobuta: S$28
- Assorted Japanese Vegetables: S$18
- Ramen: S$8
AMBIANCE: Shabu Jin offers intimate and comfortable seating, and the atmosphere in the restaurant brings people from different walks of life together over food. It is the perfect place for any type of celebration, whether it’s a romantic date with your loved one or a business dinner with colleagues.
Craving something hot and savory? How about a steamboat full of delightful foods? An affordable Japanese hot pot meal at Suki-Ya can add zest to your day without burning a hole in your wallet.
- All-you-can-eat Shabu Shabu and Sukiyaki at unbeatable prices: Suki-Ya is famous for its two-in-one buffet feast, offering diners a shabu shabu experience as well as a bonus Sukiyaki. The weekday buffet lunch is priced at S$22.90++, while the weekday buffet dinner costs S$27.90++.
- A variety of soup broths to excite your taste buds: With Suki-Ya’s 6 types of soup bases, you will surely find something that hits the spot. Choose from Shabu Shabu (low in calories & light on the palate), Sukiyaki (sweet), Butaniku (pork-based), Tomato (tangy and flavourful), Kimuchi (spicy miso), and Fresh Soy Miso (miso and soy milk).
- Beef Slices
- Pork Slices
- Chicken Balls with Cheese Filling
- Pork Balls with Cheese Filling
- Glass Noodles
- Weekday Lunch Buffet: S$22.90++
- Weekday Dinner Buffet: S$27.90++
- Weekends/ PH/ eve of PH Lunch: S$25.90++
- Weekends/ PH/ eve of PH Dinner: S$30.90++
- Top up S$10.90 to enjoy a variety of premium meat, including Wagyu beef, Iberico pork, Duroc Pork Collar, and Seafood.
ATMOSPHERE: Suki-Ya at Marina Square is a spacious restaurant that offers comfort and privacy to diners through its booth seating. With warm orange lighting and dark wood decor, the atmosphere is relaxed and inviting.
Are you searching for an affordable Japanese hot pot buffet in Singapore? Look no further than Shabu Sai at Orchard Central. This casual Japanese restaurant has drawn in crowds with its wide range of buffet items offered at wallet-friendly prices.
- Low-cost steamboat lunch buffets at Orchard: For fans of Japanese hot pot in the area, Shabu Sai at Orchard Central offers an ideal choice with their weekday buffet lunch priced at S$16.99++ per person. With approximately 60 food items to choose from, the buffet spread is quite extensive. You can also add S$2.50++ to enjoy free-flow drinks and soft-serve ice cream.
- Wagyu beef buffet is available at S$39.99: For the price of S$39.99, diners can enjoy an endless flow of wagyu beef as well as pork and chicken for the shabu shabu buffet meal.
- Various types of soup bases to accompany the hot pot meal: Shabu Sai offers a choice of at least six daily soup bases, from which you can select two to complement your shabu shabu ingredients. The crowd favorites are sukiyaki, curry, and spicy soups, while those who want to try something new often enjoy tonkotsu, tomato, and seaweed.
AMBIANCE: Shabu Sai exudes the beauty of a traditional Japanese food house with its wooden chairs and tables, banners featuring Japanese symbols, and small wooden planks indicating ingredient names, all adding to the restaurant’s authentic Japanese atmosphere.
- Weekday regular buffet lunch: $16.99++ (adult)
- Weekend regular buffet lunch: $22.99++(adult)
- Weekday regular buffet dinner: $24.99++(adult)
- Weekend regular buffet dinner: $29.99++(adult)
- Wagyu beef buffet: S$39.99++ per adult, S$17.99++ per child
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore