Keisuke Tonkotsu King at Orchid Hotel
Filed in best ramen | July 04, 2018
No doubt, Keisuke Tonkotsu King, granted to be the King against its counterparts lives up to tonkotsu ramen lovers’ expectation about excellent pork based broth. Founded by Keisuke Takeda, a top ramen chef in Japan, this ramen restaurant won the “king” award with the title of Ramen Champion at Tokyo Ramen Championship 2011. Its two outlets at Millenia Walk and Orchid Hotel have established themselves as Singapore’s best ramen shops.
- One of the best tonkotsu ramen soup in town: A flavourful bowl of tonkotsu ramen at Keisuke is always a shining star for fans of pork based ramen soup. Keisuke’s tonkotsu soup stands out from its counterparts because it is thick in its texture, milky in its look and slightly salty in its taste. It is one of the most authentic versions you can enjoy in Singapore.
- Free flow of hard-boiled eggs and bean sprouts: Eggs always go well with ramen, and for those who love eggs, there is always a full-of-egg basket at each table for you to enjoy as many as you want. To keep your appetite as fresh as it is, it’s better to add some bean sprouts to your bowl.
- Personalize your ramen: At Keisuke, it is you who decides on how your bowl of ramen should be done, regarding the spicy level of the soup, the chicken oil amount and the richness of the broth. Besides the soup, you can also have noodles tailored to your liking and order your toppings such as pork, seaweed and spring onions to create a perfect ramen bowl in your eyes.
The 7 Best Ramen in Singapore
SOUP BASES: There are three flavours for you to choose from: original (usual tonkotsu broth), black spicy (tonkotsu broth with black garlic oil) and red spicy (tonkotsu broth with red chilli oil).
PRE-ORDER: It is easy to personalize and place an order by filling up an order form while queuing to save your time after getting seated.
- Basic tonkotsu ramen: S$10.80
- Black spicy: S$11.80
- Red spicy S$11.80
- There are only about 20 seats at Keisuke at Orchid Hotel so be prepared to wait.
- Cash only
- Free barley drinks are provided during waiting time.
- Buses: 80 and 145 (Walk 1 min from bus stop B05429)
- Nearest MRT station: Tanjong Pagar MRT (EW15) (Walk 2 mins from Exit A)