Mikuni @ Hotel Fairmont Singapore
Filed in best japanese restaurants |
October 31, 2020
Mikuni at Fairmont Singapore takes pride in its modern rendition of the traditional kaiseki experience, skillfully crafting a menu that highlights seasonal premium produce to result in dishes that are always fresh, crisp, and oishi.
The restaurant is revered for its top-notch sashimi, credit to the fact that their fish are specially flown straight from Tsukiji fish market in Japan. Mikuni’s live sushi, teppanyaki, and robatayaki stations are almost a theatrical experience that showcases traditional Japanese culinary techniques, an absolute must-try.
- Premium fish straight out of Japan’s Tsukiji fish market: Ever wondered how good the quality of fish is at the famed Tsukiji fish market? Take a seat at Mikuni’s live sushi station and find out for yourself. Feel free to pick the fish of your choice or leave it all up to the chef and order Tokujou Sashimi (S$198), a selection of 7 seasonal sashimi handcrafted to Japanese standards.
- Live sushi, teppanyaki and robatayaki: You may opt for traditional seating, but if you want your appetite all worked up by the theatrics of traditional Japanese food preparation, the live stations would be perfect for you.
- Monthly lunch specials and grand tasting menu. The monthly lunch specials and the grand tasting menu are the perfect way to sample the best of what Mikuni is proud to offer. The grand tasting menu (starts at S$245) is a 7-course menu that starts with an appetizer of the freshest seafood, highlights a Wagyu entrée, and finishes off with an indulgent dessert.
The 7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Mikuni’s lunch and dinner menus specialize in contemporary kaiseki dishes, whether it be soup, appetizer, sushi/sashimi, entrees, rice, noodle, or dessert. The restaurant also offers set menus and an extensive line of international wine, sake, Japanese beer, and cocktails.
- Hotante Mentaiko (S$35) – Hokkaido scallop, marinated cod roe, onion butter
- Tokujou Sashimi (S$198)
- Mikuni Lobster Maki ($45) – Lobster, tobiko, caviar, cucumber, ohba leaf, tempura flakes, truffle sauce
- Kurobuta Pork Katsu (S$48)
LOOK & FEEL: Come in your smart casuals to complement Mikuni’s modern black interior with Japanese wooden accents.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$100
NOTE: Last order is at 21:30
- Buses: 100, 106, 16M, 197, 7A (4-min walk from bus stop 01611)
- Nearest MRT station: Esplanade (CC3) and City Hall (EW13/NS25)
We recommend for you
Best japanese restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore