Prego @ Fairmont
Filed in best italian restaurants |
March 14, 2022
Prego, which translates to “come in,” has a charming, inviting vibe, sort of like visiting your nonna at her gorgeous coastal home on a warm Sunday afternoon. The infectious smiles of the staff, along with Executive Chef Mauro Sanna if you’re lucky, will get you excited to dig into handcrafted pizzas and pasta, scrumptious cheeses and cold cuts, and rich Italian dishes. Opening early at 7 in the morning, Prego offers a breakfast menu, perfect for when you want a delicious start to your day.
- Executive Chef Mauro Sanna: Chef Mauro has more than 40 years of culinary experience, primarily fueled by his passion for food. His kitchen education started at a tender age as a spectator/apprentice to her mother in their coastal hometown, Sardinia. His cooking philosophy is to take what nature gives and treat it with utmost love and respect.
- Kids’ Menu: Family feast is at the heart of every Italian celebration, but the truth is that kids can be the pickiest eaters. That is why Prego has generously crafted their kids’ menu, featuring pizzas, pasta, and meats that even grownups will enjoy.
- Afternoon Tea: Prego offers the Italian tradition of afternoon tea from 1500 to 1700 daily. Dainty sweets and savory treats such as Cornetto con Spuma di Mortadella e Pistachio, Perle di Melone in Cappa di Prosciutto, Torta di Formaggio al Parmigiana, and Crostata di Limone accompany their selections of teas, wines, beers, and spritzes.
The 7 Best Italian Restaurants in Singapore 2022
MENU: Prego offers a menu for every type of dining experience you desire: ala carte and set menu, breakfast, afternoon, afternoon tea, signature set menu, kids’, pizza and Prosecco champagne, dinner, beverage, and even takeaway.
- Foie Gras Scotatto in Padella, S$32
- Bakalaki, S$32
- Astice Gratinato ai Pistachi, S$88
- Zuccoto Fantasia, S$18
LOOK & FEEL: Prego has a timeless, homey feel with brick walls and wooden interiors. Although not many people pay attention, the intricately-designed tile flooring of the dining area is a sight to behold.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$95
NOTE: Wednesday nights are Ladies Night at Prego; female guests can enjoy “buy one, get one” on a select list of wines.
- Buses: 10, 100, 106 (1-min walk from Raffles Station)
- Nearest MRT Station: City Hall (6-min walk from NS25 exit)
We recommend for you
Best italian restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore