Sen of Japan @ The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
Filed in best japanese restaurants |
March 27, 2023
Japanese food is centered on the philosophy of ‘sen’, meaning ‘fresh and pure’. Sen of Japan attributes the identity of the restaurant to this philosophy which is evident in every dish that comes out of its kitchen.
This Marina Bay Sands restaurant instantly became a hit when it opened in 2016, and with no less than NOBU Chef Nakano Hiromi at the helm, its success has already been pretty much written in the stars. Add to that the fact that they offer premium sushi, sashimi, rice bowls, and bento sets at prices that you won’t expect in such an upscale location.
- Premium selection of maki: Chef Nakano Hiromi has crafted an inspired line of maki, which could very well be a result of fresh ingredients coming together. One of the showstoppers is Mala Maki (S$24), soft-shell crab tempura, cucumber, crab meat, tobiko, flame-seared salmon, and finished off with a spicy mala.
- Affordable weekday lunch sets: Take a break from your usual lunch fare and indulge in some weekday decadence. We did say “affordable”, right? Starting at S$19.90 and available from 11:30 to 15:00, Sen of Japan’s weekday lunch sets come with a chef’s appetizer, tempura, salad, miso soup, rice, and dessert.
- One of the most extensive sake menus in Singapore: There’s no better accompaniment to a Japanese meal than sake or Japanese rice wine. Sen offers a long list of sake with a sweetness-dryness guide to help you choose the perfect pairing for your meal.
7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Singapore : Super Yummy!
MENU: Voted 2020 Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice, Sen of Japan’s menu celebrates fresh Japanese produce and ingredients in the form of
- Cold starters: S$21 – S$58
- Warm starters: S$8 – S$39
- Salads & Soups: S$6 – S$27
- Noodles & Rice: S$23 – S$89
- Tempura: S$18 – S$28
- Mains: S$41 – S$168
- Sashimi & Sushi platters: S$58 – S$198
- Sashimi|Nigiri sushi: S$8 – S$45
- Sen special maki: S$26 – S$88
- Desserts: S$8 – S$17
They also have a comprehensive beverage menu where you are sure to find the perfect spirit for any celebration.
- Premium Bara Chirashi Don (S$46)
- Hamachi Carpaccio (S$23)
- Anago tempura (S$20) – Salt-water eel
- Umeshu Raisin Cheesecake (S$15)
LOOK AND FEEL: Sen of Japan has a romantic feel to it with its intimate ambiance and a sweeping view of the Singapore cityscape—especially more beautiful in the evening.
HAPPY HOURS: Enjoy 50% off wines, sake, and beer during Happy Hour, 15:00 to 18:00, Mondays through Thursdays
- Buses: 97, 106, 518, 133, 502, NR1, NR6 (Bus stop 03509 is right outside Marina Bay Sands Tower 2 lobby.)
- Nearest MRT station: Marina Bay Sands is directly connected to CE1/DT16 Bayfront Station. Take exits C and D to get straight to The Shoppes.
We recommend for you
Best japanese restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore