There are several criteria for judging the best Korean BBQ restaurants in Singapore, and Ssak3 Korean BBQ ticks three boxes: great-quality meat, affordable price, and superb service. It’s one of those restaurants that easily come to mind when you get a craving because it’s easy on the pocket but heavy on the belly. The friendly price point allows you to order more than just KBBQ, which you should because their ala carte dishes are sensational, too.
If it’s your first time at Ssak3, it is recommended that you order their assorted BBQ set, which consists of beef short rib, Duroc honeycomb pork belly, original pork belly, and beef short plate. Oh, and if you’re a fan of Korean fried chicken, Ssak3 has four flavors of bone-in and boneless chicken. How good is Ssak3’s Korean fried chicken? Delicious enough to attract flocks of our Korean friends here in the country, that’s how.
- 90-minute Unlimited Ssak3 Buffet: Buffets are an excellent way of getting value for your money. For only S$29.90, you get a free-flow serving of Duroc honeycomb pork belly, beef short plate, marinated pork, and marinated chicken; side dishes; and your choice of stew.
- Fried Chicken and Beer Combo: There’s just something about Korean fried chicken that is so special. Luckily, there are four flavors offered at Ssak 3: original crispy, yangnyeom, garlic soya, and mala. Do you know what’s perfect with Korean fried chicken? Ice-cold beer.
- Approved by Koreans: The number of tables occupied by our Korean guests on any given day is definitive proof that Ssak3 does serve excellent Korean BBQ, fried chicken, and traditional dishes.
7 Best Korean BBQ Restaurants in Singapore Right Now
- Ssak3 Assorted Set
- Yangnyeom Fried Chicken
- Smoked Duck and Chivas
- Beansprout Tteokbokki
LOOK & FEEL: The overall vibe at Ssak3 is laidback and casual – stark, white walls with framed portraits of Korean celebrities, cutesy decors, and overhead TV sets.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$22
NOTE: Fancy your KBBQ with some booze? Check for ongoing soju and beer promos! Drink responsibly.
- Buses: 106, 131, 14, 166, 502, 80 (3-min walk from Opp Bencoolen Station Exit B)
- Nearest MRT: Bras Basah (CC2)