WHAT ARE ON OFFER:
- Fresh vegetables & herbs: A huge and beautiful selection of Asian vegetables and herbs is on offer, including those belonging to Indian, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Thai and other cuisine cultures.
- Fruit: It is a heaven of tropical fruit where you can find pineapples, bananas, mangoes, jackfruits, rambutans, guavas, starfruit, longans, mangosteens, and durians.
- Fish & seafood: huge Sri Lanka crabs, prawns of all sizes, squid, tuna, salmon, mackerel, sea bass and a wide variety of crustaceans
- Meat & poultry: mutton, lamb, goat, beef, pork, chicken and others are on sales. Butchers at Tekka Market are meticulous, they are pleased to follow your orders like cutting the meat up into your desired sizes.
- Spices: Chinese, Indian, Malaysian and Thai spices are available.
- Fresh flowers and pots are on offer.
Prices at Tekka Market are relatively competitive. Chicken, beef and fish are offered at better prices than others.
The big food court situated on the same level with the wet market is a good place to have breakfast, lunch or drinks when you are at Tekka Centre. As any hawker centres in Singapore, you can find usual Chinese, Western, Indian and Muslim food stalls at Tekka food court. Among those, Indian food stalls are the standouts. Chicken briyani, fish biryani, tandoori chicken, roti prata and ginger hot tea are highly recommended. If you don’t know what stalls offer good foods, just choose a long queuing line to join. In Singapore, long queue is often a sign of delicious foods.
- Cash only
- The freshest vegetables are often offered on Tuesday or Friday mornings.
- It is recommended going around to have an overview on the freshness of products before purchasing.