The Gyu Bar
Filed in best japanese restaurants | October 31, 2020
The Gyu Bar is set at giving Singapore a top-notch artisanal gourmet dining experience, starting from their exceptional choice of Wa-Oh beef from the Kumamoto prefecture. The silky beef has a superior balance of marbling and meatiness, a result of the cattle’s special diet of vegetables, clean air and water from Mount Aso, and being raised in a stress-free environment.
With a seating capacity of only 35, The Gyu Bar places a premium not on customer turnover, but on customer satisfaction.
- Choice produce and ingredients: The Gyu Bar is particular about every produce and ingredient that goes in and out of the kitchen, sourcing only the highest quality meat, seafood, organic rice and vegetables, and condiments straight from specialist farmers and trusted suppliers.
- Japanese “Omotenashi” culture: Staying true to the Omotenashi spirit of hospitality, The Gyu Bar gives every guest a complimentary cup of sake with every meal. Guests are also invited to choose their own cup from the Sake Glass Wall, wonderfully adding to the restaurant’s sense of commune.
- Chef’s Omakase (S$138): Certainly the best way to take the highest pleasure in The Gyu Bar’s offerings is by entrusting the chef to prepare a 10-course “gastronomical journey”. Just imagine what masterpieces their chef can come up with when their creativity is paired up with purely the best ingredients.
The 7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: The star of The Gyu Bar’s menu, of course, is their Wa-Oh beef yakiniku selection. Other items available are yaki-shabu, steak, bar chows, rice and noodle options, desserts, and affordable lunch sets.
- Tzubozuke Karubi (S$38), 24-hour pot marinated marbled beef
- Tokujo Karubi (S$46), Premium marbled beef
- Yukki Uni Cone (S$38), 4 pieces of beef tartare and sea urchin on sesame cone
- Signature Roast Beef Don (S$35), Slow roast beef, chef’s secret gravy, Onsen egg
LOOK & FEEL: The Gyu Bar capitalizes on subdued hues complemented with tall glass windows that welcome natural light during the day while the night lights make for a romantic ambiance in the evening.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$150
NOTE: The Gyu Bar has limited seating capacity, so place your reservations especially if you’re celebrating an important milestone
- Buses: 105, 132, 190, 190A, 972 (1-min walk from bus stop 40209)
- Nearest MRT station: DT10
Best japanese restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like