Tiong Bahru Wet Market
Filed in best wet markets | June 30, 2018
Tiong Bahru Wet Market is well known as one of the markets of freshest produce in Singapore. At some of its stalls, produce is packaged like the way it is in supermarket to make it more convenient for shoppers.
- A traditional market drawing international crowd: Tiong Bahru Wet Market is popular among international residents, especially expats living in Singapore. You will be impressed with a variety of Western fresh produce available there. Australian and New Zealand beef at half the price of the supermarkets’ is a highlight of this market.
- A place to get flowers, especially orchids at reasonable prices: At one of the market’s entrances, there are a few floral stalls selling fresh cut orchids and orchid plants with a beautiful selection at reasonable prices. An orchid branch is offered at the prices from 40 cents to 1.20 Singapore dollars, depending on the varieties.
- Breakfast, shopping, lunch, coffee and bookstores: If you want to spend a whole weekend day enjoying those listed things available at Tiong Bahru Estate, you can do it because Tiong Bahru Wet Market is in close proximity to the area's dazzling coffee shops, restaurants and bookstores.
The 5 Best Wet Markets in Singapore
WHAT ARE ON OFFER?
- Tropical fruit
- Dry goods
Tiong Bahru Wet Market features modern shopping facilities with good ventilating system and ample walkways. The shopkeepers are friendly and helpful with their ready smiles to warmly welcome people.
Above the wet market is the famous Tiong Bahru Food Centre, one of the best hawker centres in Singapore. This famous food court is home to a lot of delicious and wallet-friendly local foods such as roasted sliced duck, lor mee, fried kway teow, chwee kueh, wonton soup and pig’s organ soup.
- Come early for the best selection
- Bargain to get better prices
- Buses: 5, 16, 33, 63, 123, 195, 851 and NR5 (Walk 1 min from bus stop B10141)
- Nearest MRT station: Tiong Bahru MRT (EW17) (Walk 8 mins from Exit B)