The 5 Best Sport Bars in Singapore
Entertainment | June 21, 2017
You are interested in sport and want to be with fellow sport fans, sport bars are ideal destinations you cannot miss. There’s no better place to catch local and international sporting action than in a sport hub where exciting and animate atmosphere is multiplied by the presence of the crowd of sport lovers.
However, if sport is not your favorite, sport bar is a great place to meet friends for a drink or a meal because great beer there is always available.
In Singapore, there are a plenty of sport bars offering great food, cool atmosphere and friendly service. Let go there and play a game of pool or just sit back, relax and watch the cricket, footy or the races on large LCD TVs or screens. Here are some of the top sports bars in Singapore.
See also: 7 Best Cocktail Bars in Singapore
See also: 5 Best Old-school Pubs in Singapore for a Dose of Nostalgia
- Great bar to watch live sports: Showing all types of sports including football, rugby, F1, golf, and tennis on its large screens, Muddy Murphy is definitely a fascinating hub for sport fans in Singapore all year round. Especially the bar becomes extremely hot on the occasion of international sport events such as World Cup, Premier Leagues, Formula 1 Grand Prix, US Open and French Open.
- Excellent selection of beers: Offering more than 15 varieties of beer including Strongbow Cider, Old Speckled Hen, Kilkenny, Heneiken, Guinness and Erdinger Weissbier on-tap as well as local favourites such as Tiger, Muddy Murphy is a haunt for all beer lovers. Must try beers are Guinness Stout Draught and Kilkenny Irish Ale Draught which are always served cold and nice.
- Authentic and beautiful Irish pub: This pub was designed and built in Ireland in 1996 with traditional Irish pub settings and then disassembled, shipped to Singapore, and installed by Irish specialists. Irish style set up, classic furniture, and beautiful decorations make Muddy Murphy a dazzling place for expats, especially those from Ireland, England and America.
- Best bar to watch Australian sport matches: Screening all Australian sport matches like Australian football league AFL, national rugby league NRL, cup race day, cricket Australia, and super rugby on many large screens throughout the bar, Boomarang attracts many Australian sport lovers in Singapore. It also organizes exciting sport events for sport fans such as Melbourne Cup Race Day, AFL Grandfinal Day, and Australian Open Day with in-house fun lotteries and bets.
- High quality foods: High quality foods are definitely a main highlight of Boomarang. The bar offers a wide variety of Australian food including starter plates, salads, pizzas, burgers, grill dishes, and seafood dishes. All the delicious dishes are used fresh ingredients imported directly from Australia and well prepared by skillful chefs.
- A great place to hang around for Aussies: Serving authentic Australian cuisine and decorated with beautiful Australian landscape photos, Boomarang is famous as a relaxed bar to chill out among Aussies. The bar also holds Australian-public-holiday events that draw hundreds of Aussies and their friends such as Australia Day and Anzac Day.
- Dazzling "Beer Market Exchange" concept: Beer Market is the first and only bar in Singapore selling beers with the concept of “Stock Exchange Bar”, known as the “Beer Market Exchange”. It means that beer prices are fluctuated based on customers' demands. When the demand of a certain alcoholic beverage goes up, its prices increases and vice versa. Prices are displayed on the bar’s LCD TV screens and updated every 30 minutes so it is much fun watching prices change and sample many types of beers at low prices.
- "Happy Hungry Hour" with unbeaten prices: You can get a good deal for snack with any one choice for S$4+ or any three choices for S$10+. This cheap but yummy snack menu features chicken wings, mini sausages, luncheon fries, silver fish, and spring rolls, among them chicken wings and luncheon fries are must try. However you have to notice that time for Happy Hungry Hour takes place from 18:00 to 20:00 Tuesday to Thursday and whole of Sunday.
- A favorite haunt for football fans: Showing all international matches including World Cup, English Premier League, and Champions League, it is a very popular bar for football lovers, especially fans of Liverpool. Liverpool fans in Singapore usually hang out at Beer Market whenever there are matches of their favorite team.
- Best Singapore's golf bar: Urban Fairways offers exciting indoor golf games in an air-conditioned environment using its three excellent golf simulators and the latest Taylor Made and Titleist golf equipment. The bar is a favourite haunt to hang out for golf lovers including top Singapore golfers. The simulators provide customers more than 50 beautiful world-class courses with a variety of difficulty levels to try so you can enjoy knocking some balls whether you are a beginner or an avid golf player.
- Great customer service: Friendly and helpful waiters and waitresses always try to fulfill customers’ requests. Therefore once you experience this bar, you are certain to feel comfortable and enjoyable. If you are a never-ever golfer, they will meticulously guide you golf basic as well as how to play with the simulator. Additionally, Urban Fairways’ staff are pleased to serve you some fun games and competitions when the bar is not so crowded.
- Wonderful place for organizing group events: Urban Fairways has recently become a famous place to hold team building events for companies located around Singapore’s CBD. The bar offers finger food and drinks at reasonable prices and a wide variety of indoor golf packages including organizing tournaments and competitions to suit any events’ needs. You can also hold your team outing or private party there, in a unique and memorable way.
- Awesome place to play pool: Equipped with 14 international standard pool tables including 12 wiraka pool tables, 1 M1 snooker table, and 1 Russian billiard table, this sport bar will definitely satisfy your craving for pool games. The bar also organizes pool tournaments and competitions periodically for customers to challenge themselves and compete with other players.
- Watching live sports in a VIP room: Pyramid Sports Bar provides a special VIP screening room with a 55" LCD TV for customers who want to watch sport matches privately. The room can hold up to 15 persons available for reservations in two sessions, from 10:00 to 18:00, and from 18:00 to 03:00. Each booking allows you to use the room exclusively for 9 hours with your choice of drinks and you can choose which sport matches to be screened on the large LCD TV.