There are many ways for people to get to Kuala Lumpur from Singapore. To me, the following three options are the most comfortable choices:
1. TRAVEL BY PLANE
Of course, the fastest way is by plane. It takes about an hour to get from Changi Airport to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). If you are on a budget, you can opt for the following budget airlines that fly the Singapore to Kuala Lumpur route and vice versa.
- Jetstar flies from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur 3-5 times daily. Airfare starts from SGD36 for one-way flights.
- Scoot has 2-4 flights daily from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. One-way tickets cost SGD39 and above.
- Air Asia flies up to ten times daily from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Ticket prices for a one-way route start from SGD36.
Airfare for these airlines can even go lower during promo periods.
2. TRAVEL BY COACH
Another option when traveling from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur is to go by coach. Coaches are luxury buses that offer more comfort and amenities which makes it more suitable for long-distance travel. The Singapore-KL coach trip takes about 5 hours. Here are some companies that operate this route and their corresponding ticket prices:
- Starmart Express – SGD10 – 35
- Qistna Express – SGD18
- Yakin Pacific Express – SGD18
- Seasons – SGD18
- Sri Maju Group – SGD20
- Transtar – SGD20 – 37
- Golden Coach Express – SGD20 – 45
- Lapan Lapan Travel – SGD22 – 25
- KKKL – SGD23 – 36
- The One Travel & Tours – SGD26.50 – 41.50
- Nice – SGD29.90 – 39.90
- Eltabina – SGD30
- Konsortium – SGD30
- Odyssey – SGD43
- Causeway Link Express – SGD43.19
3. TRAVEL BY CAR
If you are feeling adventurous and want to travel on your own, you can rent a car and drive to Kuala Lumpur yourself. There are a number of companies that allow car rentals for use from Singapore to Malaysia with a corresponding surcharge. Check out the top budget car rental companies here.
Daily rates for renting a sedan start from $70. This is quite a deal for when you travel in group of 3 to 4 persons.