The 5 Best Hair Salons for Perming in Singapore
A beautiful perm must be an artwork done by a skillful hairstylist. But it is impossible to expect each and every stylist to produce equally good results for each task of cutting, colouring or perming. There is nothing to ensure that a stylist who does an excellent job in hair cutting can do the same thing with perming and vice versa. That is why we keep searching for stylists who are able to create naturally curled hair to introduce in this article.
Of course, these hair stylists have no magical power to bring you shiny curly hair. They can do that because they are able to create a good preceding haircut, use proper perming products and techniques that suit your hair texture and conditions best.
To have a fabulous permed hairstyle, choose it in consultation with your stylist. Here we just provide some information for you to have a draft picture about perming.
You have heard about hot perm, cold perm, digital perm, Japanese perm, Korean perm and so on many times but what do these terms really mean?
Basically, cold perm and hot perm are hair perming processes. Alkaline perm solutions are used to make hair curled in cold perm process while acidic perm solutions and heat are used with the same purpose in hot perm. Hair that underwent cold perm will get into desired shape easier as it is wet, getting more effects with gels or curling creams. Hot permed hair get its best curling level when it is dry, so it is required less maintenance, you can use your fingers to twirl and style your hair to your liking.
Ceramic perm, digital perm, wave perm and classic perm refer to perming techniques. Ceramic perm, digital perm, wave perm are under category of hot perm while classic perm is cold perm. To the final results, both caramic and digital perm create S curls, but ceramic perm hair has more volume and curling level at the hair ends. Wave perm is usually recommended to shoulder length hair, producing C curl result to make hair more voluminous.
Whether it is Japanese perm or Korean perm, hot perm techniques are used to create naturally curled hair. The differences between these two styles are only the hairstyles and the way rollers are used to achieve relevant style.
You have some ideas of what curly hairstyle you want to take? You can start hunting for your right stylist now.
1. Act Point Salon at Shaw Towers
- AddressShaw Towers, #01-14/15, 100 Beach Road, S189702
- Phone(65) 6298 5681
- Opening hoursMonday to Friday: 11:00 – 20:00
Saturday: 10:30 – 19:00
Closed on Sunday
Why Act Point?
– Best known for digital perm which is praised by many ladies
– Act Point @ Shaw Towers is the working place of the two extremely skillful hairstylists, Sylvia and Bro. They have created beautifully permed hair for myriad ladies living across Singapore.
– Act Point’s hairstylists are well versed in hair products, they only recommend and use suitable products for customers’ hair based on each individual’s hair texture and conditions
– Price is transparent and more reasonable in comparison with other salons’
– No hair packages
– No hardselling
The salon is very popular for hair perming so it is very crowded. One stylist may take care of some customers at the same time, hence you will have your stylist’s attention when necessary only.
From S$150 to S$210
– Ceramic perm
– Digital perm
2. Zinc Korean Hair Salon
- AddressThe Centrepoint, #04-16, 176 Orchard Road, S238843
- Phone(65) 6235 9891
- Opening hoursMon to Fri: 10:00 – 21:00
Sat, Sun & PHs: 10:00 – 18:00
Why Zinc Korean Hair Salon?
– Best known for Korean perming that is easy to be managed and suitable for both formal and casual events
– Zinc’s director, Rany is dedicated to bring the latest Korean-styled perms to ladies. She is the one you should look for to have a natural and voluminous permed hair. Rany is always willing to share tips on how to style your hair like Korean stars.
– Good service: The whole Zinc team is professional and enthusiastic that will serve you with the most pleasant services – providing warm water, magazine, blanket, cushion and wifi password
– Convenient location: Located at Central Point building on Orchard Road which can be reached within 2 minutes from Somerset MRT
– Basic perm: From $150
– Digital perm: From $240
– Setting perm: From $240
3. Cleo Hair & Make
- Address6 Eu Tong Sen Street, The Central Mall #04-89a/92
- Phone(65) 6338 5250
- Opening hoursMonday to Sunday from 11:00 to 21:00
Why Cleo Hair & Make?
– Best known for Japanese-styled perming
– Cleo Hair & Make has two perm specialists, Sio and Hitomi who are expert in delivering Japanese-styled perming. If you particularly like a certain hairstyle, just show them a photo of that style, they will reproduce it perfectly for you.
– Using its own techniques, solutions and equipment for perming process which are developed by Kasahara, founder of Cleo Hair & Make who has more than 20 year experience in beauty industry and background in hair researching. These techniques and products promise to minimize damage to customers’ hair.
– Once an appointment is booked with a Cleo Hair & Make’s hairstylist, he or she will take care of your hair from the beginning to the end, even hair wash and blow-drying
– The salon has been praised for its fabulous perming results by many trendy ladies
– High quality service: Cleo Hair & Make is a Japanese hair salon with truly Japanese heartwarming and pleasant services
– Convenient location: Situated at The Central at Clarke Quay, Cleo Hair & Make is very convenient for your steps
Hitomi is only comfortable with basic English
Sio and Hitomi are off every Wednesday
– Air perm: S$150
– Digital perm: S$250
4. Air Salon
- AddressThe Cathay, #03-17/18, 2 Handy Road, Singapore 229233
- Phone(65) 6733 2340
- Opening hoursMonday to Friday: 11:00 – 21:00
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 – 20:00
Why Air Salon?
– Best known for Ultrasonic perm which may be the best option for guys. It takes less time for the perming job to be done and the wave effect lasts around 3 months only. Guys, you may want to try something new and your new adventure may not be perfect sometimes, choose this as it will go away fast plus less waiting time and less cost.
– For ladies, this salon offers all types of perming technique for you to choose from: Cold Perm, Ultrasonic Perm, Digital Perm, Ceramic Perm and Smoothing Digital Perm. Consult your stylist for the style that fits your hair and lifestyle best.
Pleasant services with Aveda tea and hot towel served upon arrival, following by excellent complimentary head and shoulder massage
The salon is quite far for walking from MRT
– Cold Perm: S$99 – S$159
– Ultrasonic Perm: $129-$209
– Digital Perm: $199-$279
– Ceramic Perm: $199-$279
– Smoothing Digital Perm: $249-$329
5. Izumi Hair Salon
- Address#03-80 The Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen St
- Phone(65) 6225 5418
- Opening hoursMonday to Sunday from 11:00 to 20:00
Why Izumi Hair Salon?
– Best know for cold perm and Izumi Hair Salon only offers cold perm. This kind of perm produces a long-lasting curling effect and leaves less damage on your hair. It is possible for voluminous root to be created by cold perm.
– One of the good things in engaging in Izumi’s service is that she will do the perming job herself, from the beginning to the end. So you can rest assure that a master stylist who has 30-year experience in hairdressing is handling your hair.
– Providing useful information: With her rich experience and passion, Izumi will give you a complete consultation before starting the perming process and useful advice to maintain your permed hair
– Convenient location: Izumi salon nestles at The Central at Clarke Quay which can be reached easily from Clarke Quay MRT
Price is on the high side
S$300 for cold perm