Chin Mee Chin Confectionery (Closed)
Filed in best kaya toast | April 23, 2019
Chin Mee Chin is one of the few old-school kaya toast destinations left in Singapore, attracting people who come to enjoy either the nostalgic atmosphere or the comfort foods.
- It is Kaya Bun: Round bun is the thing that sets Chin Mee Chin’s kaya toast apart from its counterparts. While some fall in love with the crispy toast, some are much more into the slightly crispy outside and fluffy inside bun. If you are a fan of the latter, Chin Mee Chin will serve you the sliced-into-half buns, spread with a thick layer of kaya and topped with the salty butter.
- For a dose of nostalgia: Started since the 1960s, and things at Chin Mee Chin haven’t changed much since its establishment. There are still the tiled floor, marble-top tables, ceiling fans, and steel cabinets displaying the baked goods. Survived through the modernization, this age-old coffee shop is simply a place that people of all ages and backgrounds visit to take a dose of nostalgia.
- Chin Mee Chin baked goods, dazzling memories of baby boomer generation: Besides kaya buns, Chin Mee Chin is also famous for its baked goods such as cream puff, egg tart and chocolate cupcake. Those sweet things may be not so beautiful or to the young’s taste as ones found at the modern institutions, but they are gorgeous to some, especially baby boomers. The warm baked goods are displayed in the cabinets in front of the shop, help yourself as much as you want and then just tell the staff the consumed numbers when you make payment.
5 Best Kaya Toast in Singapore to Eat Like a Local
Chin Mee Chin offers kaya buns, half-boiled eggs, baked goods and drinks like coffee and tea, but there is no menu to flip through. The ordering system works like the way it was in the old day, diners get a staff to order kaya buns and drinks, and help themselves with the baked goods.
- Buses: 10, 10E, 12, 14, 14E, 32 and 40 (Walk 1 min from bus stop B92121)
- Nearest MRT station: Eunos MRT (EW7) (Walk 21 mins from Exit A)
Best kaya toast
Eat & Drink
You may also like