Jang Won Korean Restaurant
Filed in best korean restaurants | July 04, 2018
Jang Won is one of the best Korean restaurants in Chinatown. Run by a Korean family and followed by not only Korean diners but also Japaneses and locals, this restaurant is quite a find for those who prefer a touch of Korean in a less crowded environment.
- A comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for enjoying Korean food right at Chinatown: Settled in hectic Chinatown, Jang Won is a gem among various Korean restaurants in the area. It is a gem because you can find there a more spacious dining room, a decorating style that gives you a glimpse of a quiet countryside, and most importantly, delicious dishes.
- Kimchi chigae – an enticing dish: This kimchi soup is highly recommended among food bloggers. With S$14, you will have a big, red, hot soup bowl with kimchi, tofu and thinly sliced pork. Its color is enticing and its taste is a highway to heaven.
- Private room available: Jang Won offers a private room suitable for a group of 15 people.
The 5 Best Korean Restaurants in Singapore
BANCHAN: Jang Won’s banchan menu is regularly rotated so you will have chances to taste different sets of banchan. Normally, there are 6 banchan served, which are complementary and refillable.
- Kimchi chigae (kimchi soup)
- So galbi (short pork rib)
- Samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly)
- Korean ginseng chicken soup
- Kimchi pancake
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$25
- Buses: 51, 63, 124, 174, 174E, 186, 851, 961, 961# and 970 (Walk 2 mins from bus stop B05131)
- Nearest MRT station: Chinatown MRT (NE4) (Walk 1 min from Exit A)