Mang Kiko’s Lechon (Closed)
Filed in best filipino restaurants | July 18, 2017
Mang Kiko’s Lechon offers some of the most authentic Filipino lechon in Singapore at a very affordable price. The place was started by Ernesto 'JUN' Flores, who was passionate about bringing the real taste of spit-roasted Filipino food to Singapore. Mang Kiko’s Lechon has now two outlets in the city.
- Very small menu but it works really well: The menu of Mang Kiko's features only three dishes – Roasted Chicken, Roasted Pork Belly and Pork Barbeque. Available in both set meal and a la carte, these three delicious viands are good enough to knock roasted meat lovers out.
- One of the best Roasted Pork Belly (leimpo) and Roasted Chicken (lechon manok) in Singapore at S$6: The set meal (S$6), covering complementary rice, free flowing Sinigang soup and a generous portion of Roasted Pork Belly or Roasted Chicken is the bestseller at any Mang Kiko's outlet. Such crispy skin and fat with meaty flavour just melts in your mouth.
- Filipino Spit-style rotisserie grill for that real taste: The juicy chunks of pork belly or chicken are spun and roasted over a charcoal flame right at the store. Turning brown, crisp and perfectly charred.
The 5 Best Filipino Restaurants in Singapore
Mang Kiko’s at Lau Pat Sat is a little stall in a beautiful Victorian style building built in 1890’s. There are hordes of other food stalls as well and the place is buzzing with people, especially around lunch time.
– Roasted Chicken and Pork Combo
– Roasted Pork Belly (Lechon Leimpo)
– Roasted Chicken (Lechon Manok)
– Pork Barbeque on Stick
Average Price/Pax: S$10