The 3 Best Korean Soft Serves in Singapore
Eat & Drink | April 07, 2016
Korean soft serve ice cream is just another beautiful Korean wave that hit our shores. Bring us something simple but satisfying.
We love Korean soft serve as it suggests us a new and adventurous way of enjoying our ice cream. A piece of honeycomb topping breathes new life into the sweet treat that we have been eating since we were young.
And here are the 3 best Korean soft serves in town that can help us smile through the hot and humid days all year round.
- Wide selection of flavours: With 14 unique flavours, Milk Cow probably has the widest array of soft serve flavours in Singapore. Most of the flavours are milk based with optional toppings of your choice such as honey, fruits, nuts, jelly beans, chocolate syrup, and so on.
- Italian milky taste to get addicted to: It must be due to the organic milk contents sourced from Italian farms that could pass as an authentic Italian taste. So, if you’re a fan of gelato, you might appreciate Milk Cow’s soft serve version. But then again this cold dessert be infused with Oriental ingredients such as honeycomb, coconut, and red ginseng to suit the local palate.
- Rich, smooth, and silky soft serve ice cream: At Honey Crème, the soft serve ice cream shows a perfect balance between all flavours and the way they were mixed up altogether (i.e. handmade technique). Hence, the rich and silky smooth consistency.
- New flavours may be introduced occasionally: This year’s Chinese New Year, Honey Crème had Alishan milk tea and Yuan Yang flavours on its menu. And to celebrate SG50, this ice cream parlour introduces the local favorite flavour Honey Creme Pandan Gula Melaka from 1 Jun 2015 to 30 Sep 2015. So remember to watch out for the new flavour specials during public holidays or important occasions.
- Organic cotton candy: Indeed, a fresh spin on this candy floss, the cotton candy is made healthier than before with the use of organic sugar and natural flavouring. The cotton candy is also stuffed with Italian pink rock salt to balance out the natural sweetness of both of the candy and the ice cream.
- A 2-in-1-dessert destination where you can have both the soft serve and frozen yogurt: If you like your soft serve strong and sweet, Honeycomb won’t disappoint. This brand only uses fresh milk for their soft serve flavours so the distinct milky and creamy taste may linger in the mouth. For those not in the mood for a milky soft serve, then by all means, the yoghurt-based variant may work. Be aware that there might be a noticeable difference between the two especially when mixed up with other ingredients. Some say that the honeycomb flavour does taste better with yoghurt than soft serve.
- Get your right sweetness level hit with the honey syringe: Albeit gimmicky, it is still something that will catch your attention and make your soft serve more beautiful. It’s probably one factor that made Honeycomb popular among Singaporeans but in fairness to the quality of the honey, it seem to not change a bit despite being inserted into a syringe tube.
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore
Eat & Drink
You may also like