Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures in the world.
Whether you are a mother who just gave birth or somebody who just lost a lot of weight, you might have excess fat and loose skin in your abdomen that you are itching to get rid of. Your reason for getting a tummy tuck could also be non-aesthetic like improving muscle strength in your abdomen.
If you are considering getting a tummy tuck in Singapore, then you have come to the right article!
This simple guide will help you learn more information about abdominoplasty like surgery cost, types of surgery procedures, and whether or not you are a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck.
We also included a list of 5 best clinics for tummy tuck in Singapore. Hope that this article will help you come up with a decision that could change your life.
WHAT IS ABDOMINOPLASTY?
Abdominoplasty, more commonly known as a tummy tuck, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that removes excess fat and skin from your abdomen and tightens your abdominal muscles.
WHAT CAN ABDOMINOPLASTY HELP?
Abdominoplasty can help enhance the appearance of your tummy, making it look flatter and giving it better contour. It also improves core muscle strength in your abdomen.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ABDOMINOPLASTY?
There are 5 types of abdominoplasty.
- Full abdominoplasty: The incision goes from hip to hip and around the navel.
- Partial abdominoplasty: The incision is shorter and the healing time is faster.
- Lipo-abdominoplasty: Combination of standard abdominoplasty and liposuction
- Extended tummy tuck: Excess skin from the sides and back are also removed. The incision is much wider and the healing time takes longer.
- Reverse tummy tuck: The incision is made below the breast to remove excess fat and skin from the upper abdomen.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR TUMMY TUCK SURGERY?
You are a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck if you:
- Just gave birth
- Lost a lot of weight
- Have loose skin in the abdomen
- Have weak abdominal muscles
In addition, your weight should be stable 12 months before the procedure and you should have no existing medical conditions that could complicate the surgery.
IS TUMMY TUCK A TOOL TO LOSE WEIGHT?
No, abdominoplasty is not a tool to lose weight. It is only a way to contour your abdomen and improve your abdominal muscle strength.
WHAT IS THE SURGICAL COST OF TUMMY TUCK IN SINGAPORE?
The price range for a tummy tuck in Singapore is S$10,000 to S$30,000, depending on the type of tummy tuck performed.
HOW IS THE TOTAL COST OF TUMMY TUCK CALCULATED?
The total cost for a tummy tuck in Singapore can be broken down as follows:
- Surgery fee – depends on the type of tummy tuck based on your surgeon’s evaluation and recommendation.
- Anaesthesia fee – The majority of tummy tucks use general anaesthesia. This also depends on the duration of the surgery.
- Facility fees – This depends on the hospital and the duration of your confinement.
- Post-surgery expenses – After the surgery, you might need to spend on pain medications, scar creams, or physiotherapy.
WHERE TO GET A TUMMY TUCK IN SINGAPORE?
Tummy tucks can only be done by a duly licensed plastic surgeon in an accredited medical facility. Below is a list of our recommended clinics for tummy tuck in Singapore.