Shabu Shabu Gen
Filed in best Japanese hot pot | March 28, 2016
Located at Shaw Centre, Shabu Shabu Gen by Les Amis Group is an upmarket shabu shabu restaurant where diners can have a fine dining hot pot experience.
- Fancy shabu shabu place for special occasions: Shabu Shabu Gen is the only high-end Japanese hot pot restaurant in Singapore today, where you can enjoy premium ingredients such as high-grade Wagyu beef, Kurobuta pork, and Spanish Iberico pork loin meat. The peaceful environment and the chic, modern look make it an ideal venue for meeting up with business executives over lunch or for a special occasion dinner.
- A place to enjoy real Japanese Wagyu beef: Available in two cuts, ribeye and sirloin, the restaurant's Wagyu beef is sourced from Japanese boutique cattle houses. Only the A4 and A5 Wagyu beef cuts are included on its menu so expect to get marbled beef that can come out delicately tender, tasty and juicy when cooked in a nabe pot.
- High-quality Iberico Spanish and Kurobuta pork: These are what make Shabu Shabu Gen a go-to-place for pork lovers who can afford Japanese haute cuisine. Kurobuta is known for its rich flavor and succulent bites, while the Iberico Spanish pork loin melts in the mouth effortlessly and does leave a subtle porky taste. Both meats also work well with traditional Japanese condiments like the Goma sauce, giving you a heavenly experience.
- Affordable lunch sets: Various options of lunch sets are available for you to sample high quality hot pot at inexpensive prices, ranging from S$30++ to S$60++. The shabu shabu will be accompanied by the appetizer, salad and dessert.
The 5 Best Japanese Hot Pot Restaurants in Singapore
Being a fine dining restaurant, Shabu Shabu Gen sports a chic and elegant décor and arrangement. Subdued lighting, plus the leather and high-back chairs offers a quite formal and elegant vibe to the place. The four-seat arrangement immediately lets the customers know that a group of four and above can have a communal dining experience, which after all, is the goal of Japanese Shabu Shabu eatery.
Average Price/Pax: S$60
– Corkage charge from S$40 per bottle.
– Smart and elegant dress code
You may also like