Singapore is among the world’s leading nations in many things. Renowned international companies have branches in the island nation, and many Singaporean private universities are among the finest around the globe. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that the republic’s healthcare system is equally advanced.
Without further ado, let’s determine what are the best private hospitals in Singapore and why.
Private vs Public Hospitals in Singapore: What’s the Difference?
Given that you need a medical or surgical service in the Lion City, here’s what you should know when deciding between independent and governmental hospitals:
- Price: As you might assume, private healthcare institutions are more expensive
- Waiting times: The city-state’s public hospitals admit patients on a first-come, first-served basis. Thus, you may save a lot of time by scheduling an appointment at a privately-owned clinic.
- Healthcare workers’ experience: In general, doctors working in independent facilities are more experienced.
- Comfort: Overall, you will enjoy better amenities during your stay in a private health center.
Note: If you are a healthcare insurance user, you may not be eligible for every medical facility in the Lion City.
Now, let’s get to the point.
Mount Elizabeth Hospital: Singapore’s Number One Private Clinic
Mount Elizabeth is a privately-owned hospital offering a wide range of healthcare services and treatments. While their prices are on the expensive side, even for the Garden City’s standards, you pay what you get. Some areas they specialize in are:
- Neurology (nervous system disorders)
- Pediatrics (children’s medical care)
- Orthopedics (specialty focusing on skeletal deformities)
- Ophthalmology (dealing with eye and vision issues)
Mount Elizabeth offers medical aid to international patients, too.
Regarding the accommodation prices, these start at S$275 per day for rooms with four beds. For a stately treatment, plan to spend S$10,500 per day for a royal suite.
Gleneagles Hospital: Another Top Medical and Surgical Facility in Singapore
Gleneagles is another renowned Merlion City’s clinic excelling in many areas. In 2015, the hospital won the Singapore Service Excellence Medallion Commendation Award for quality service.
Besides residents, Gleneagles caters to travelers and foreign patients. As a tourist in need of medical or surgical assistance, you can count on:
- Emergency care
- Flight extension
- Ambulance pickup and drop-off at Changi International Airport
- Visa application
- And many other healthcare services and benefits
The independent health center excels in many specialties, some of which are:
- Otorhinolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat)
- Endocrinology (fixing problems with hormones)
- Respiratory treatments
- Gastroenterology (digestive system disorders)
To stay in a room with three other patients, the daily fee is S$259. Suites cost from S$1,288 to S$8,088.
Other Singapore Healthcare Centers
Mount Elizabeth and Gleneagles are ahead of other Lion City’s clinics, according to patients’ reviews. Still, you should consider the following ones, too, for a specific treatment or service:
- Raffles Hospital offers health screening and a few 24-hour (including hotel/house and ship) services. Its doctors specialize in Chinese medicine.
- Concord International Hospital excels in minimally invasive surgery. So, if you need a surgical intervention on some visible body part, the remaining scars will be minimal.
- Farrier Park‘s specialists offer various treatments, not limited to dermatology, hematology, general surgery, and gynecology. Their room and suite rates are more affordable compared to Gleneagles and Mount Elizabeth.
- Thomson Medical Centre is among the best institutions for maternity care.