Lau Pa Sat Satay
Filed in best satay |
April 05, 2022
Originally built as a wet market in the 19th century, Lau Pa Sat has been converted into a hawker centre where both local and Asian foods are sold. Located in Singapore’s Central Business District, Lau Pa Sat is always busy with the crowds of office workers at lunchtime. At night, a satay street is rapidly set up at the outdoor area of the food market, adding more bustle to the place.
What people like
- The satay street of Singapore with more than 10 satay stalls: Lau Pa Sat satay street, an outdoor dining area belonging to Lau Pa Sat Festival Market, is the only satay street in Singapore. It only wakes up after dark, from 19:00 onwards, and lives energetically until the leave of the last diners. Its satay stalls provide diners with skewers of chicken, lamb, beef, and pork from Chinese to Muslim style. Among those, stalls # 7, # 8 and # 10 are the standouts.
- Lively street dining experience: As the city lights up, the bustling atmosphere is started with swift setups of folding tables, plastic chairs, and the starting of charcoal fires. The barbecue smoke carrying the irresistible aroma of the satay reveals the readiness of Singapore style barbeque party. Enthusiastic crowds will quickly fill up the place to make this nightspot one of Singapore’s most exciting street dining places to savor the best satay with cold beer.
- Convenient location: Lau Pa Sat is located right at the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District and within walking distance from Raffles Place MRT station.
5 Best Satay in Singapore for Your Skewered Meat Fix
WHAT ELSE CAN BE FOUND THERE?
Lau Pa Sat satay street is a food street in a food market with various kinds of food choices. Besides satay, diners can find most of the Asian favorites from Chinese, Malaysian, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Indian, and Korean food stalls there. Those foods have decent quality with food court prices.
- Buses: 10, 10E, 57, 70, 97, 97E, 100, 107, 130, 131, 162, 186, 196, 196E, 75, 167, 700, 970, NR1, NR6
- Nearest MRT Station: Raffles Place (5-minute walk)
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore