Filed in best filipino restaurants |
April 13, 2022
Gerry’s Grill will bring Filipinos closer to home. From the restaurant ambiance to its menu, everything is inspired by casual Filipino cuisine and hospitality. With two locations, Gerry’s Grill Singapore is aimed at catering to as many diners as possible who are looking for affordable Filipino food.
- Grilled dishes marinated in traditional Filipino spices: Even back in the Philippines, Gerry’s Grill is widely known for its grilled pork and seafood. You wouldn’t probably leave the restaurant without having a taste on their Pork BBQ which is dressed in thick sweet and spicy sauce. Grilled Squid is soft and chewy to the mouth, you won’t have a hard time eating it the same with the Pork Liempo. Typical Filipino condiments are available so make sure to mix your own toyo-mansi (Soy sauce and Philippine lemon) sauce.
- Superb a la carte menu: If you crave Filipino viand more than noodles and vegetables, Gerry’s Grill has Sisig, Grilled Chicken, Pork BBQ, Kare-Kareng Baka (Beef Stew with Peanut Butter), and the Chicken & Pork Adobo on ala carte. But a Filipino food dining experience wouldn’t be complete without rice, so a variety of rice (steamed, adobo, or garlic) is also available for less than S$2.
- Pinaputok na Cream Dory: Price starts at S$11.95, this unique Filipino dish is a sure winner for Singaporeans and the Pinoys. The dory fish is wrapped and steamed in fresh banana leaves so it tastes scrumptious and looks healthy; a must for the health-conscious. To add flavour, fish is also topped with onion, leeks, and tomatoes.
- Esplanade branch is open ‘til 2AM: Late diners may grab a quick dinner at Gerry’s Grill Esplanade. It is also perfect for those who might want to cap off their day with a few drinks.
5 Best Filipino Restaurants in Singapore: Lechon and More
MENU: The menu is small but it is enough to satisfy your cravings for popular Filipino dishes. There are a la carte and meal set options for those who are flying-solo and dining in group. Grilled dishes like Chicken Kebab, BBQ, Liempo, and Pusit are the mains of this restaurant, plus the Halo-Halo dessert on the side. For drinkers, there’s Kilawin, Crispy Pata, and Pork Sisig to accompany your beers and liqueurs.
- Sinigang (Pork/Milk Fish in Tamarind Soup)
- Grilled Chicken
- Beef Caldereta (Beef stew)
- Pansit Bihon (Noodle variant)
- Bulanglang (Mixed Vegetables)
- Halo-Halo (Snow ball with mixed fruits and sweets)
ATMOSPHERE: The welcoming presence of two Philippine flags lets you know that you’re going to embark on a journey through authentic Filipino cuisine. Wooden chairs, tables, and indoor plants will remind you of a local grill restaurant by the roadside. Tables are set up in four to six-seaters so both small and large groups of people can make themselves comfortable.
- The restaurant gets cramped during dinner time.
- Guests may book an early reservation.
ALL GERRY’S GRILL’S LOCATIONS
@ Starhub Centre
Address: 51 Cuppage Road, #01-12 Starhub Centre
Tel: (65) 67201412
Opening hours: Daily 12:00 to 22:00
@ Esplanade Mall
Address: 8 Raffles Avenue, Esplanade Mall, Makansutra Glutton Bay
Tel: (65) 97280426
Opening hours: Daily 17:00 to 2:00
We recommend for you
Best filipino restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore