6 Best Mexican Restaurants in Singapore: 2023 Guide
Eat & Drink |
June 17, 2023
Quick links (scrolling down):
Craving Mexican street food like tacos and elotes or longing for a beautiful glass of margarita? Whether you desire authentic flavors or prefer Tex-Mex fare, head to one of the best Mexican restaurants in Singapore to indulge in your favorites.
Super Loco was founded by four friends who wanted to bring back the flavors of Mexico to Singapore after a gastronomic trip to the land of tacos and tequila.
As an advocate for the environment, Super Loco takes several sustainable steps to protect Mother Earth. Their ingredients are sourced from sustainability-certified farms across the region.
- Contemporary Mexican fare with a Loco twist: Super Loco takes inspiration from the dynamic flavors of the Mexican street markets. The restaurant serves contemporary Mexican dishes using high-quality fresh ingredients.
- Experience Taco Tuesdays at Super Loco: Tuesdays are more fun at Super Loco with its weekly Taco Tuesdays. You can enjoy six pieces of create-your-own tacos for as low as S$48!
- Dining with a view: This bayfront Mexican restaurant offers a great view of Marina Bay, which is especially stunning at night when an array of buildings, including Marina Bay Sands, is illuminated. This enhances the flavors of the Mexican street market-inspired food.
MENU & PRICES:
- Starters: S$5.5 – S$20
- Tostadas (crispy tortillas with toppings): S$12 – S$16
- Tacos: S$9 – S$15
- Quesadillas: S$14 – S$18
- Salads & Sides: S$7 – S$15
- Dessert: S$14
- Lunch Tortas: S$19 – S$24
- Lunch Combos: S$34 – S$48 per person
- Dinner Main Dishes: S$28 – S$44
- Dinner Chef Selection: S$48 – S$68 per person
- Taco Tuesday: S$48 – S$60
- Drinks: S$9 – S$23
- Cauliflower Aguachile
- Tuna Tostadas
- Wagyu Steak Tacos
- Octopus & Chicharron Tacos
- Beef Quesadilla
- Lamb Barbacoa
- Angus Rib Eye Steak
- Super Churros
LOOK & FEEL: Super Loco Customs House has a vibrant and casual atmosphere. It is often packed with guests and becomes lively during peak hours. The best seats in the house are outside, where you can enjoy the cool breeze while taking in the breathtaking view of Marina Bay.
Café Iguana packs a serious punch when it comes to serving Mexican food and Margaritas. You will be hard-pressed to find a better selection of 100% Blue Agave Tequila and Mezcals in Singapore.
It's an ideal 'after-work' place to enjoy long happy hours of drinking and munching on fresh chips and salsa.
- Delicious Tex-Mex food with hearty portions: Love contemporary Mexican fare? Get your Mexican fix at Café Iguana with an amazing varieties of cheese loaded nachos, burritos, quesadillas, tacos, steak chimichangas, churros and fajitas. Some fusion dishes such as pasta and grilled prawns on the hotplate are hit too.
- Happy hours with “Margarita Madness”: Slurp on your favorite House margaritas at astonishingly cheaper rates during the happy hours. They even give half-price discounts when you order your next jug. A glass is just S$5.50 from 11:00 – 15:00, S$7.50 from 15:00 – 18:00, S$9.50 from 18:00 – 20:00, S$ 14 from 20:00 – 23.00. And get a mind-blowing 30-40 % discount again after 23:00 hours.
- Free-flowing tortilla chips and chunky salsa dip keep the party going. And you can’t stop when the chips are served fresh straight from the fryer.
- Riverside view across the vibrant Clarke Quay makes for a great location to enjoy your food and drinks. Grab a seat outside and allow yourself to revel in the fun and excitement of your surroundings. You can also enjoy a bumboat ride or take a leisurely walk along the Singapore River after dinner.
MENU: Café Iguana serves a comprehensive menu of Quesadillas, Fajitas, Tortillas, Burritos, and desserts. It offers a great selection of 100% agave tequila and mescal, and the famous margaritas are available in a variety of usual and off-beat flavors such as Lime, Kiwi, Guava, Banan, and Soursop.
- Red Snapper Enchiladas
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- Chile Relleno
- Shredded beef Burrito
- Beef Chimichanga
- Chicken Chimichanga
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Avocado Ice Cream
ATMOSPHERE: With simple wooden décor, the place has a warm, inviting vibe. This restaurant is always buzzing with people looking to enjoy happy hour promotions and delicious Mexican favorites. It is an open-air style restaurant where you can sit both indoors on high chairs or outdoors with a riverside view.
Margarita's was first established in 1988 and holds the distinction of being the oldest Mexican restaurant in Singapore. It offers authentic Mexican cuisine that replicates homemade flavors.
From its humble beginnings at Faber Drive to its new home at Dempsey Hill, Margarita’s has become a beloved destination for families and friends who are seeking a classic Mexican dining experience.
- 35 years in the Singaporean culinary scene: With its 3 decades of operation, Margarita’s has become an institution in the food and beverage industry in Singapore. It is the go-to place whenever you have cravings for authentic Mexican food.
- Old-school cooking techniques to bring out homemade flavors: Margarita’s is committed to serving home-style cooking that best reflects the tradition of Mexican cuisine. Their traditional menu features handmade dishes that are cooked with fresh ingredients. Among their bestsellers are the fire-roasted corn on the cob and hand-churned, hand-piped churros.
- Merrier dining with live music: Margarita’s occasionally features live music, reflecting the food and music culture that Mexico is known for. If you are in luck, you might chance upon a mariachi band while enjoying your tacos and tequila. That is certainly as Mexican as you can get without leaving Singapore!
MENU & PRICES:
- Entradas: S$14 – S$28
- Tortilla dishes: S$28 – S$40
- Build-Your-Own: S$34 – S$68
- House Specials: S$32 – S$42
- Sides: S$8
- Desserts: S$18
- Drinks: S$8 – S$40
- Margarita’s Original Kitchen Sink Burrito
- Chicken Grande Taco Salad
- Flat Beef Enchiladas
- Chorizo Rellenos
- Poblano Rellenos
- Tres Leches Citrus Cake
LOOK & FEEL: Margarita’s Dempsey Hill draws inspiration from the rustic charm and rich heritage of Old Mexico. Its design features high-beamed ceilings and ornate wrought iron, reminiscent of traditional Mexican estates. Colorful paintings adorn the walls, adding to the overall beauty of the restaurant’s interior.
Craving some authentic Mexican food with an ambiance to match? Your search ends with Piedra Negra. Serving delicious Mexican food in a casual dining style, this restaurant is the perfect spot for a lively get-together with family and friends.
- Delicious Mexican cuisine at a wallet-friendly price: At Piedra Negra, you can enjoy delicious, authentic Mexican specialties – Beef and Chicken Burritos, Flauto Tacos, Guacamole with chips, Beef Alambre, and Ceviches – at quite a reasonable price (from S$12.90 to S$14.90).
- A unique Mexican menu serving some off-beat, interesting dishes: Besides the traditional Mexican suspects, be pleasantly surprised with delicious grilled steaks and rare but wonderful dishes such as Mexican hamburger, cactus salad, and rollitos de platano (deep-fried habaneros stuffed with cream cheese and plantain).
- A real Mexican vibe with a vibrant, colorful ambiance: Munching on nachos and sipping Margaritas has never been this fun. Whether it is the artsy murals on the entrance or quirky colorful interiors with quaint chandeliers, mosaic tiles, and life-size sculptures, the entire setting conspires to make you feel as if you are dining right in Mexico.
- Guacamole made fresh right in front of you: Surprised by a mortar and pestle on your table? While you look on, a server will deftly crush avocado with chopped onions, tomatoes, serrano chili, and coriander. The right dash of lime juice and your chunky dip is ready to be scooped with crunchy tortilla chips.
MENU: The menu at Piedra Negra consists of a variety of tapas (appetizers), enchiladas, tortillas, and grilled delights. Along with fresh fruit juices and hot beverages, a range of Margaritas, Tequilas, beers, and cocktails makes your meal light and refreshing.
- Flauta Tacos
- Salmon-Avacado Ceviche
- Beef Burritos
- Chicken Burritos
- Rollito de Platano
- Mexican Meatballs with Rice
- Tamarind-Glazed Pork Ribs
- Chips with Guacamole
- Grilled Cod Fish Fillet
ATMOSPHERE: The place has quirky, colorful elements woven together to give it a fun, cozy vibe. Enjoy a real Mexican deal either inside or choose to sit outside in the vibrant alley full of lively chatter. The staff is extremely helpful and provides a heartwarming service. The restaurant has two more levels meant for musical events, birthday parties, corporate dinners, and farewell parties.
Comida Mexicana, formerly known as Margarita’s East Coast, was established in Singapore in 1996. It offers authentic modern Mexican cuisine cooked through traditional techniques with premium fresh ingredients from Mexico.
At Comida Mexicana, customers can enjoy a wide range of offerings in a true Mexican taste, including rare tequilas and mescals.
- A taste of homemade Mexican meals: Comida Mexican remains true to its brand that is synonymous with genuine homemade Mexican cuisine. The restaurant takes pride in using traditional recipes and techniques to create flavorful dishes that bring you right to the heart of Mexico.
- 27 years of providing an authentic Mexican experience in Singapore: Comida Mexicana has been a fixture in Singapore’s restaurant scene for the past 27 years. With its revamped identity, it has undoubtedly changed the way we look at Mexican food.
- Award-winning Mexican restaurant: Comida Mexicana has won the Best Mexican Restaurant in Singapore award for the second straight year at the prestigious International Dining Awards.
MENU & PRICES:
- Appetizers: S$8 – S$26
- Tortilla Dishes: S$26 – S$42
- Traditional Mexican Delicatessen: S$32 – S$62
- Soups & Sides: S$4 – S$9
- Desserts: S$16 – S$18
- Drinks: S$1 – S$25
- Beef Burrito with Chipotle Cream Sauce
- Mexican Yucatan Chicken
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Grilled Fish Tacos
LOOK & FEEL: Comida Mexicana has a warm and casual vibe that captures the essence of Mexican culture. The restaurant is adorned with vibrant colors, traditional decor, and lively music, creating an authentic atmosphere. If you want to replicate the experience of dining at a Mexican street-side taqueria, outdoor seating is available.
Looking for a quick burrito fix in Singapore? Muchachos is the place to be. This restaurant is a favorite spot for many, especially American expats, to enjoy Tex-Mex burritos.
- A popular place for burritos: You can build your own burrito from your choice of protein (or greens for vegans) salsa, filings, and sides, after which your burrito will be wrapped in tin foil – classic mission style. The burritos are large enough to be shared by two persons. Chips and guacamole do come at an extra price but they’re worth it.
- Authentic Mexican hot sauce: If you’re a big fan of Mexican hot sauces like Sriracha and Tapatio, you can have it here at Muchachos. First-timers must be warned of the spiciness of these sauces, though. Other sides and dips like guacamole, pico de gallo, spicy verde salsa, and sour cream, among many others, are also available.
- Mexican soda and beer: Completing a burrito-themed dining experience with a bottle of Corona beer or Jarritos (soda) wouldn’t have been possible in Singapore without Muchachos. No wonder this burrito joint is being frequented by those who want to have a chill night out after work. Definitely a go-to place for fans of burritos and beers!
MENU & PRICES:
- Burritos: S$14-S$17.50
- Toco: S$5.60-S$7
- Quesadilla: S$14-S$17.50
- Torta: S$14-S$17.50
- Nachos: S$14-S$17.50
- Cheeseburger: S$14-S$17.50
- Grilled cheese sandwiches: S$10.50
- Tortilla chips: S$7
- Fried chicken tenders: S$14-S$17.50
- Churros: S$10.50
AMBIANCE: The ambiance is cool and laid-back, with stools by the bar suggesting that if you’re dining in, you might as well crack open a beer and savor your burrito to the last bite. Muchachos is a relatively small place, so it’s not ideal for extended stays as it can get easily cramped due to the crowds that come in during the afternoon and dinner.
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore